• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
So both Ti cards are now out of stock. And oddly enough as of today Amazon no longer has any 3090 FEs showing in stock.

I wonder if a miner just bought all of them.

Soldato
Is the 3080FE still the sweet spot card, are people waiting for a drop of those or are they now just waiting for the 40 series cards?

im waiting for the 40 series, 6-7 months is an easy wait for myself.

if it gets held back so they can sell more 30 series stock then that will get super frustrating though.

Soldato
Now I've got a 2070 in my spare rig I could offload my 3080FE and wait, not sure that I wanna wait 6-7 months though, also not overly sure the 2070 would play WZ well enough..

Associate
Now I've got a 2070 in my spare rig I could offload my 3080FE and wait, not sure that I wanna wait 6-7 months though, also not overly sure the 2070 would play WZ well enough..
Just hang onto your 3080FE. Is there anything it cant play right now?

Look how the folks that sold their 2080s before the launch of 30s, trying to maximise sale price, got burned when the 30s launched and where impossible to buy. Why risk that? The next best thing is always around the corner.
Unless you're 3080FE is actually struggling to play anything, why pre-emptively sell it ?

Soldato
Yeah, the 3080FE was the card I wanted from the 30 series and was already beyond what I'd ever spent on GPU before, it'll last me a while yet and as you say, there's nothing to be gained by selling it now..
Spend too much time in these threads thinking about stuff lol

Associate
Undervolted my 3080Ti FE last night now running 10C cooler and couple FPS faster in games, also increased the fan speed ticked the fan conrol in MSI afterburner so went from 77C down to 67C in my small Matx case after doing 3dmark Timespy benchmark.

The card is fast enough now for next couple of year's and longer still when I upgrade to lastest CPU next year.
Still hate the price paid though but better then paying stupid ripoff 3080 12gb retail price's.

Last edited:
Soldato
Undervolted my 3080Ti FE last night now running 10C cooler and couple FPS faster in games, also increased the fan speed ticked the fan conrol in MSI afterburner so went from 77C down to 67C in my small Matx case after doing 3dmark Timespy benchmark.

The card is fast enough now for next couple of year's and longer still when I upgrade to lastest CPU next year.
Still hate the price paid though but better then paying stupid ripoff 3080 12gb retail price's.

Did you do that with Afterburner (CTRL + F) and if so what mV did you end up using..? Also what does the card max clock to now...?
Thanks

I paid almost £700 for a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti in 2017 so, considering so many other factors, it isn't too bad a price to pay - for some :)

Back
Top Bottom