• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
It definitely is on the one hand.

On the other hand, I can see why people are.

- Long wait times on pre-orders for cards that are more expensive than the FE anyway.

- Those cards which aren't available are more expensive again because the retailers are inflating prices further, not just punters on eBay.

- The FE's are the best looking cards so having one is preferable.

- If you want a 3070FE on Tuesday, the only way to make that happen, is to buy one for £600+ on eBay before Monday.

Not only that, the cheaper (as in not stupidly over RRP) non FE cards are worse than the FE.

Can't believe I got an FE TBH...even though I was checking nvidia.com every spare minute I had since they were "released"

Soldato
FE is actually such a nice card. Feels solid, looks awesome and dare I say a bit classy. Small card too.

Runs quiet and cool up until about 60% fan then it's a bit loud in my opinion but that's with silence in the room which never happens anyway
I'm still trying to obtain a 3070 founders.
I dont think I will source one this side of christmas

Would definitely hang on, I think the 3070FE and 3090FE are easier to get. Was available for 30 mins + after link went up this week, still need to be quick, but join those discord places people linked or what have you and good chance of getting a 3070FE. The 3080FE is the harder one to get, until the inevitable 3080Ti :o

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@JediFragger so do you prefer my sig now? G-Sync and Nvidia card :p

Oh and @Grim5 kept insinuating I would never buy a nvidia card due to my stance on DLSS. Well as I always maintained, I will be getting one, now I have. As usual he can be a bit confused at times and cannot understand that just because one is not sucking on Jensen’s leather, does not mean they are a AMD fanboy :p

Soldato
Discord is the only one you need, it’s very fast and you have to be on it for a 3080.

This time round the 3070 dropped first and literally as I was just opening discord to see if there was any rumours of a drop and immediately started F5ing Nvidia’s 3080 page.

I never actually saw a buy now button on the Nvidia’s site because ISPs and browsers cache webpages. Distil isn’t the best option because of this. The bot looks at the API in the site directly and detects when it’s active and sends a direct link. I also did fast checkout with PayPal so I didn’t need to type anything and have a password manager to fill in all the boxes with Face ID. Capture is also far less aggressive on your phone, it’s a simple tick I’m not a robot on log in rather than 2/3 pages of looking at buses.

About a minute after I for mine people were reporting the 3080 had gone.

Given how close to the limit you are out of the box with the 30 series and how good the cooler is on the FE, AIB models give little value additional value. Slightly better thermals and noise but the raw performance is pretty much the same because of how GPU boost works.

No one should be buying a 3080 strix OC at near £1k when the 6900xt exists.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might look at an FE also but not sure yet, any other good alerts apart from discord?

Discord is what helped me get mine. It’s very good and as already mentioned, notifications are pretty spot on. That said you have to be quick. I had a little tip that stock would be landing on Friday at 2pm so just sat at my computer and waited. Come 2:10 I nearly give up but had the chance to wait a little longer and stock appeared at 2:13. I have no doubt that had I not been sat at my computer with discord open and my competitor account logged in, that I wouldn’t be sat here with a 3080fe today. I’ve been trying to bag one from release.

Soldato
Not in the general chat no, only when stock drops. You can also mute notifications for stuff you are not interested in.

only from the nvidia site which links to a single retailer.

Soldato
Hope that's of help to those of you still looking, and good luck :)

Haven't got a 3090 yet and purchased from two places so far and while in stock they took my money and then replied hey it's out of stock 2 or more hours later by end of day, next day refund of course as not playing their preorder games.

Just wanted to say thank you for the discord invite and hopefully will get one I want in next few days now, but there is a lot of the terrible models available all the time and even ocuk has some in stock now and not going to pay that rate for a £1400 PNY mrrp but ocuk want £1730 :rolleyes::D keep dreaming, same card was available other day for £1505 and I didn't snap it up because I thought I would wait and then it went up to £1600 for last one and I thought what the hell grab it for now and it was thank god sold out but of course they took my money and waiting for refund again.

Thanks for the link and good luck to everyone after the card they want and I hope these naff models available start becoming the better models as for the price they are asking for the naff models is basically the price of a strix oc or extreme card and we all laughed at them prices originally :D.

Last edited:
Associate
So turns out the delivery is happening today and not tomorrow (monday), wouldn't have expected a sunday delivery at all.

That is surprise. I'm sure you are happy!

I managed to bag a 3070 FE on Friday for my brother, after bagging a 3080 FE just over a week ago for myself and a 5900x which arrived on Friday. Having a good run!

Associate
Haven't got a 3090 yet and purchased from two places so far and while in stock they took my money and then replied hey it's out of stock 2 or more hours later by end of day, next day refund of course as not playing their preorder games.

Just wanted to say thank you for the discord invite and hopefully will get one I want in next few days now, but there is a lot of the terrible models available all the time and even ocuk has some in stock now and not going to pay that rate for a £1400 PNY mrrp but ocuk want £1730 :rolleyes::D keep dreaming, same card was available other day for £1505 and I didn't snap it up because I thought I would wait and then it went up to £1600 for last one and I thought what the hell grab it for now and it was thank god sold out but of course they took my money and waiting for refund again.

Thanks for the link and good luck to everyone after the card they want and I hope these naff models available start becoming the better models as for the price they are asking for the naff models is basically the price of a strix oc or extreme card and we all laughed at them prices originally :D.

Totally agree dude, don't pay 20% over retail. The 3090FE's tend to be around long enough for most people to buy when they do appear for sale, fingers crossed for you that they stick to previous delivery patterns and you can bag yourself one. The Founders are the only cards at retail price, everything else is as you said priced as if it were the next model up if not higher. Sad times for consumers.

Good luck! :)

Caporegime
Am still finding it weird that probably the best 3080 is also the cheapest!!! We're a bit lucky it happened like this as in the past when AiB's have sold the FE model they tend to make it a little more pricey :)

And yes @TNA *finally* :D

Back
Top Bottom