• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
OP
I've caved in and sold my 3060ti for £682. I was tempted to sell the 3080 but with the way things are these days I don't want to chance not having a powerful card for a few years.

I bought a PS5 with the proceeds and banked a few hundred profit - I have to say I'm impressed with the PS5 and it's a much better choice for a second system anyway, as it's more portable.

Soldato
OP
You seriously believe 4080 is going to retail for less than £999, never mind £649? I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, mind you.

This conversation comes up every single time there's a new generation. People hear that the new x80 card will exceed the current x80ti/x90 performance and then can't accept that the price will equal the current x80 price.

The 4080 will retail for around £650 give or take 10%.

Soldato
OP
I don't think it's a case of no buyers, more a case of Nvidia now flooding the market with their remaining 2 year old tech stock prior to releasing the next series.

That is, just because they're still available doesn't mean they haven't sold any. :)

Soldato
OP
Where does the 3080 fe stand in the current pantheon of graphics cards for £649? Is it still worth it compared to the others on offer currently (ignoring any which might come out soon)?
If I had to choose I'd go for the 6800XT - that's the choice I made. I owned the 3080 since launch up until around 6 months ago when I sold (for what I paid, bizarrely) with the intention of upgrading to 4000 series. After gauging how things were progressing, I decided to buy a 6800XT as a hedge against the new release being a **** show. I only bought the 6800XT because the 3080 wasn't available.

I wouldn't swap the 6800XT for a 3080 now, and as it happens the new gen is indeed a **** show so I'm glad I did what I did. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom