• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
calm before the storm let's hope. I was shocked how much AMD card stock there was in the red place yesterday, they must've really stockpiled. shame they don't quite do it for me this time around.

There probably wasn't. Quite likely a lot of people trying to buy it simply couldn't because they also got caught in the perpetual hell of the AMD website checkout process.

A2B

A2B

Associate
retailer (general 3000 update): "11/12/20 - No shipments arrived since the last update. As it is Friday we will provide a second update at approx. 4pm."

They don't mention the FE's in their updates, but it sounds like shipments are late generally. So it's possible they wanted to drop this week, but didn't get stock.

Last edited:
Associate
retailer (general 3000 update): "11/12/20 - No shipments arrived since the last update. As it is Friday we will provide a second update at approx. 4pm."

They don't mention the FE's in their updates, but it sounds like shipments are late generally. So it's possible they wanted to drop this week, but didn't get stock.
I wouldn’t read too much into that.... I think they just like to update as late as possible on a Friday as it’s the last update before Monday.

Nothing in their updates are in reference to the FE’s that they distribute on behalf of Nvidia

A2B

A2B

Associate
I wouldn’t read too much into that.... I think they just like to update as late as possible on a Friday as it’s the last update before Monday.

Nothing in their updates are in reference to the FE’s that they distribute on behalf of Nvidia

They did an update this morning, so obviously didn't get stock yesterday. They seem to get several manufacturer's 3000 cards in the same shipment, and they were expecting one on Monday which hasn't arrived. So it's possible the FE's are in these shipments, they just don't mention them.

Soldato
I remember with the 1080 Ti (my only FE edition from Nvidia) that they sold out and were never made again. Have Nvidia said that they will keep making them? I'm happy to have a FE or an EVGA card - that's it.

Associate
I've decided my 1070ti is just not up to the job anymore. I'm after a 3070 FE and noticed the discussion above about a possible restock, is this from the green place?

Soldato
I remember with the 1080 Ti (my only FE edition from Nvidia) that they sold out and were never made again. Have Nvidia said that they will keep making them? I'm happy to have a FE or an EVGA card - that's it.

FE's were still available after launch for pascal. Got 3 of them at a later date no issue and using them to this day. Though with that generation AIB's were also selling FE models. 2xxx FE cards were also produced until the end abit in lower numbers.

i expect for 3xxx the FE model will be around for most of the duration but once again, likely very limited numbers. If they go in bulk numbers, can imagine it annoying AIB partners for whom the FE is at MSRP and the cooler is actually very good, phenomenal on the 3090 FE. So yeah, expect FE will be around for a while, but sell out quick, gold dust in case of 3080FE.

I've decided my 1070ti is just not up to the job anymore. I'm after a 3070 FE and noticed the discussion above about a possible restock, is this from the green place?

Yes and they link through to a OCUK competitor when stock becomes available. Likely need alerts or similar as when they go up, in particular in case of 3080FE and 3070FE to an extent they sell out within minutes.

Associate
Yes and they link through to a OCUK competitor when stock becomes available. Likely need alerts or similar as when they go up, in particular in case of 3080FE and 3070FE to an extent they sell out within minutes.

Thanks for the heads up.

I suppose though at this point if stock is so hard to come by, perhaps the TI's get released before I'm even able to get my hands on one. :D

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up.

I suppose though at this point if stock is so hard to come by, perhaps the TI's get released before I'm even able to get my hands on one. :D

Would not surprise me. :eek: 3080 is a sweet spot really and goes out quick. I expect though given the 3080Ti will basically be a slightly cut down 3090, it will be in crazy demand too if it comes in at £949 or something which is palatable compared to £1399 for the 3090. Fun and games :p

A2B

A2B

Associate
I've heard Nvidia will make FE's through the lifecycle, it seemed official but don't quote me on that. My hunch is there was to be a drop this week, but stock got delayed. I find Royal Mail really laggy this week too (waiting for an SSD right now and other stuff was super slow), maybe it's a wider issue (Xmas mail etc).

Have there ever been any weekend drops?

Back
Top Bottom