• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
How are the temperatures of the 3060Ti Fe ? My PC is having this low flow air case, room temperature is in general at 23-24.. I am trying to see if it would overheat...

Associate
Are all new FEs currently LHR versions? Can anyone with an LHR say anecdotally if they're concerned about gaming/NVENC performance at all?

Associate
What is the rest of your system specs ? That PSU looks like it will be fine aslong as you use two pcie cables from the psu to the GPU. As with the picture from my previous post to you. If you have any issues with it, shutting down or restarting, some psus in previous post too that will do a good job.

MSI B550M-A PRO , AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU , 16GB Adata Spectrix DDR3200 RAM, Adata SU630 480GB SSD , WD SN550 1TB nvme m2 SSD. If I do have to replace the PSU I hope I can pick one up for less than £100 really, I know it's a crucial component but I can't imagine spending over £150 on one really...

Last edited:
Associate
I've phoned Barclays to have a rant with 'you gave me a mortgage that I have already repaid £10k in 3 years on, but you won't even give me a credit card with £1,200 for one off / emergency use'.

I've been advised and applied for a forward barclaycard. The online application fails because they need more information, but they will phone me within 5 days to discuss it.

I could take out up to £60k of mortgage with them with my neet income, but not £1200 of credit for emergency and one off use just lol.

They explained that the reason why the fraud detection always trips on £500-1000+ purchases even if ordered in the account holders name and address is because people normally only spend £20-30 a week, then suddenly theres a large payment which seems odd.

I told them 'so do you think people buy a new graphics card / TV / console etc every single week?'. Its complete BS, anytime I try to get an upgrade payments are declined for security reasons, and if I did manage to add a card to my basket and the security trips, I lose my chance.

Associate
I've phoned Barclays to have a rant with 'you gave me a mortgage that I have already repaid £10k in 3 years on, but you won't even give me a credit card with £1,200 for one off / emergency use'.

I've been advised and applied for a forward barclaycard. The online application fails because they need more information, but they will phone me within 5 days to discuss it.

I could take out up to £60k of mortgage with them with my neet income, but not £1200 of credit for emergency and one off use just lol.

They explained that the reason why the fraud detection always trips on £500-1000+ purchases even if ordered in the account holders name and address is because people normally only spend £20-30 a week, then suddenly theres a large payment which seems odd.

I told them 'so do you think people buy a new graphics card / TV / console etc every single week?'. Its complete BS, anytime I try to get an upgrade payments are declined for security reasons, and if I did manage to add a card to my basket and the security trips, I lose my chance.

I work in the industry, you can call them a day or a couple of days before to tell them and they can make an adjustment to allow the payment to go through the system unchecked.

Associate

Yeah Nationwide are an absolute PITA with declining payments , happens pretty much every time. Happened with my debit card and credit card this morning, even happened with my Barclaycard as well (all Visa). Resorted to trying my Halifax MasterCard as a final throw of the dice and that went through, wasn't half getting stressed though. I tell you if I'd missed out cos of Nationwide again they'd be getting an ear full from me that's a fact, missed out on a PS4 and GPUs before now, bloody annoying.

Associate
I work in the industry, you can call them a day or a couple of days before to tell them and they can make an adjustment to allow the payment to go through the system unchecked.

That's difficult when you don't know when or where things are going to drop though...

Associate
That's difficult when you don't know when or where things are going to drop though...

This is true, its a trade off.. Fraud protection v customer impact. If a payment manages to be processed fraudulently for a value outside a customers normal spending (and they do) the shout is usually "I never make payments that big so why did you let it go out" (Disclaimer I don't work for Barclaycard )

Back
Top Bottom