• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Some accounts bought multiple FE cards before christmas as the one per card address thingy was not in place at that point.
Don’t defend them. If anyone purchased more than 1 card this generation then you are guilty. If you mine you are guilty!

:cry::cry::cry:

Being serious, you guys can call it what you like. I am no scalper :)

Buying a GPU for yourself to use and then cashing in on trade in sites ridiculous prices is not scalping. Buying 10 and selling them still wrapped in plastic is. We don't have to vilify every single person who has bought and sold a GPU recently.

This guy gets it.

When I sold my 3080 the plan was to transition to the gaming laptop I purchased. That did not work out for me so I gave that to my missus and decided to go back to desktop gaming. Simple as that. That is not the same as buying it with no intention of using it and selling it on at a profit and doing it over and over again. That is a scalper.

Soldato
I think the point was more aimed at buying multiple FE models rather than selling although coming onto the forum to boast about both isn't going to do you any favours when some people here have been trying for months to get just one.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think the point was more aimed at buying multiple FE models rather than selling although coming onto the forum to boast about both isn't going to do you any favours when some people here have been trying for months to get just one.
Where did I boast about it? I just agreed with andybirds comment is all :)

Associate

Frankly if someone came tomorrow and offered me £1000+ for the RTX3070 FE I scored last week, I'd have to think really hard about it not to take the money and make do with the RTX 2060.. That's something like 150+ pints right there. After someone takes that 2060 off my hands it's a different story because I want to play games too.

Instead I'm trying to get 2nd 3000-series card so I can scalp the 1080ti I bought something like 4 years ago. Or is it 5 now?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
People only really need one 30 series card if they had to upgrade or build new system to game on. Its when people mention they are getting a second one (or third or for friends etc.) that you fall into the bracket of greed. The whole struggle of why there isn't enough to go around revolves around this principle. I mean people on here pre-ordered from OcUK back in the beginning then were sharing stories of numerous cards being delivered from other retailers. The competition to get one causes this nonsense and fuels the fire of it all.

If like @Barleyman secured a 3070 last week then accepted a couple hundred quid more to part with it, you would have to question the element of did you really need it in the first place? The way I see it is when your a foaming at the mouth gamer losing the plot as you need such a card to game (plenty seem to be on this category in here ;) ) with then you would surely keep the card, play games and forget about everything else! :)

Associate
I got a 3060 ti! The discord worked.

I’ve never moved my fingers so fast haha. Big upgrade from my vega 56 that I’ve had for 3 years.

Can finally close all my tabs now lol

Associate
Interestingly they seem to be lingering around and the buy pages seem stable. Could be a good sign going forward or maybe these cards are now less desirable?

Yeah almost 10 mins now and both still in stock.

Edit: I guess people see the 3080 ti as poor value over a 3080, and 3060 ti isn’t powerful enough for most people upgrading from 20 series. For people like me who are on 3-4 year old hardware though - brilliant.

Soldato
I've just bagged a 3060Ti for the misses! I assume I'll still be able to get a 3080 (for myself) if there is another 3080 Drop?
(can't justify the 3080Ti price)

Bit concerned about the 1 a customer...

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom