• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
I've just watercooled my gpu. The fan had this issue (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33nWyfdMcYI&t=73s).

I could have RMAd it. But it seems quite common.

Tbh. Watercooling is still the way to go for me. I can hear the fans when they can kick in on the FE, irrespective of the sound in the video ... and now I hear nothing when the fans kick in on the Rad. and I've lopped 30c of the VRAM and 10+ of the GPU temps.

If I need to RMA my FE cooler is in perfect tack. I'm sure I can reassemble easily with no knowledge it has be tempered with.

Associate
It is, but there are people out there that have had issues with missing, badly placed pads or pads with the protective film still on them, as for RMA, how many cards do you think the copier place has kept behind for RMA purposes, yeah, you could RMA a card, but how long would you then be without a card..
Same say as I dropped off and was tested there and then. It seems you jumped to conclusions, the guy at the photo copier place told me they always have a selection of 3 series cards founders in stock for RMA purposes.

As for the pads, I've I've seen anyone complaining the pads on the FE are missing/still have film on thrm etc etc

Soldato
Same say as I dropped off and was tested there and then. It seems you jumped to conclusions, the guy at the photo copier place told me they always have a selection of 3 series cards founders in stock for RMA purposes.

As for the pads, I've I've seen anyone complaining the pads on the FE are missing/still have film on thrm etc etc

Probably few isolated doesnt mean its widespread

Soldato
So you expect someone to fix a manufacturing issue? If I had memory issues I would RMA the thing.
Agreed.

But replacing the pads is easy for many. and largely risk free. warranty is anon issue. you don't damage anything. At least i havent.

But for those that want to RMA that is completely understandably too and expected.

Im mining. But either way I would have replaced the pads if i didnt decide to watercool. The cooler is amazing, the pads are not.

Associate
AMD dont sell to the UK, its their agent , Digital River. Blame them.
No, I will fully blame AMD for not bothering to find an alternative. whats with people excusing big billionaire corporations? they left Uk customers in the dark with not many options other than being ripped off, no excuse for that.

Soldato
OP
I've caved in and sold my 3060ti for £682. I was tempted to sell the 3080 but with the way things are these days I don't want to chance not having a powerful card for a few years.

I bought a PS5 with the proceeds and banked a few hundred profit - I have to say I'm impressed with the PS5 and it's a much better choice for a second system anyway, as it's more portable.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I've caved in and sold my 3060ti for £682. I was tempted to sell the 3080 but with the way things are these days I don't want to chance not having a powerful card for a few years.

I bought a PS5 with the proceeds and banked a few hundred profit - I have to say I'm impressed with the PS5 and it's a much better choice for a second system anyway, as it's more portable.

May wanna update your sig then! ;)

Soldato
AMD dont sell to the UK, its their agent , Digital River. Blame them.
AMD is the company that chose to use Digital River, despite its horrific reputation, then declined to make any alternative arrangements when that no longer worked for the UK. They've had almost a year to partner up with a UK retailer in the same way that Nvidia did and sell cards directly through such an agreement. They clearly have no interest in the UK market.

Soldato
AMD is the company that chose to use Digital River, despite its horrific reputation, then declined to make any alternative arrangements when that no longer worked for the UK. They've had almost a year to partner up with a UK retailer in the same way that Nvidia did and sell cards directly through such an agreement. They clearly have no interest in the UK market.

Could also be no e-tailer wants to take it on. I dont think its been a good money spinner for the Nvidia partner. From what I've been told been a lot more trouble than its worth. Not exactly an exciting prospect selling sporadic AMD drops at not a lot of profit margins with all the rigmarole around it limiting sales, making sure the website can cope under load etc etc. Probably thought exclusivity would be a massive boon but were not told the quantities coming through would be in 3 or 4 figure quantities. Probably hoping it would drive sales of other items whilst the GPU was being bought. Trouble is you dont have time to put other items in your basket as you need to checkout quick before losing the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom