32" AOC 1440p monitor - any good?

Associate
Thanks for all the advice on setup.
Lara and I have been glued to this beautiful beast since I unpacked it lol...oh happy days.
Also like the simple clunk click menu system.
had to turn down one of the super sampling x4 thing-mees to keep Lara smooth at monitors native res. I think it is a good compromise running at half-4k res (quality of pic vs stress on gpu) for surfing gaming and productivity work etc.

Associate
Looks like a Dell 2405 you upgraded from? I had one of those, could not fault Dells warranty. My power button got stuck in just before it's four years ran out...called em up, next day a new one at the door! Same thing happened to the power button on that one eventually.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what you think of it! I may just give one a try as I think I'd like to stick with IPS given the chance to test with my current 1440p IPS and a 32" VA side by side. I have never noticed pixel transition delays on my 60Hz IPS, but this website really makes it obvious on a VA. White text within quote boxes goes blue while scrolling...

Man of Honour
@Slap I did forget to mention, windows defaults to 60hz on this monitor (the very first time you plug in the monitor, occasionally)
to make sure, just check on nvidia control panel that it's defaulted to 75hz correctly. once it's set to 75hz, it won't revert back though. so not an issue long-term. just the first time it fires up.

Soldato
Hey all.

I have this monitor and im sure it was more responsive on my 780ti card but since getting a vega 56 ive noticed gaming when looking around with mouse like its low refresh rate and its not fluid motion, also when say you have chrome open and its a medium sized window and you drag the side of the window narrow and wide quickly theres a big delay and black thick line on the side like its really slow at redrawing the window when resizing. I wonder if its the new card or the monitors gone funny.

Ive been happy with the monitor when using the 780 ti now im not and i dunno how to fix it having fast 2d redraw capability. As feels very unresponsive.

Also it is set to 75hz in windows monitor window where u can change it. Just doesnt feel like 75 its feeling like 30hz or something. :(

Gaming isnt as bad but i do feel a change there too like i said less smooth when looking about with mouse ingames.

Back
Top Bottom