32" AOC 1440p monitor - any good?

Man of Honour
Thanks for the feedback on that aspect of the problem. When I can be bothered, I'll DDU and do a clean install on the off chance that causes the freesync option to appear in the nvidia control panel for some reason. Everything else works as it is and I'm not particularly eager for freesync. I've never had it before, so I'm not missing it. I can't remember if I changed any settings from default, so I don't particularly want to return to default just in case I did. I'm more curious as to why the option doesn't exist than bothered by the lack of it.

Associate
Snuckle in under the duvet/popcorn etc for a half an hour (good in-depth review):

AOC Q3279VWFD8 Review
https://youtu.be/kATewpUSbog

The more I'm reading up about it the more it's tempting me. I am limited to run 4k resolutions for games/sims with all the bells and whistles turned up (Gtx 1060 6gig) but the 2560x1440 res of this monitor seems a good compromise for mid-range gpu's.

Apart viewing distances, how would a 40" tv with same res spec of this monitor compare do you think?

Man of Honour
Thanks for the feedback on that aspect of the problem. When I can be bothered, I'll DDU and do a clean install on the off chance that causes the freesync option to appear in the nvidia control panel for some reason. Everything else works as it is and I'm not particularly eager for freesync. I've never had it before, so I'm not missing it. I can't remember if I changed any settings from default, so I don't particularly want to return to default just in case I did. I'm more curious as to why the option doesn't exist than bothered by the lack of it.
i've just been reminded that nvidia freesync only works with 1000/2000 series gpus, just checking that you have one of those?

Associate
To confirm, are you chaps on gtx cards able to get G-sink working with this Free-sink monitor? Working well?
Notice much difference?
Im hovering over the buy button but have this nagging feeling that OAC going to bring out something slightly better with Vesa support for just a few quid more...Story of a tech-nerd life I guess.

Man of Honour
To confirm, are you chaps on gtx cards able to get G-sink working with this Free-sink monitor? Working well?
Notice much difference?
Im hovering over the buy button but have this nagging feeling that OAC going to bring out something slightly better with Vesa support for just a few quid more...Story of a tech-nerd life I guess.
Well, I still have my original vWF sitting alongside my vWFd8 lol.
And yes freesync works at the advertised range, some people manage to get the lower range to 38+ but I've not tried.
The only issue is that sometimes the monitor flickers as soon as you enter the game when freesync kicks in. But this is easily resolved by cycling the monitor's power (ie off and on) and then freesyncwill sync up

Associate
Nice one tamzzy. Do you have a magic wand link for discounts by any chance? Do you like your shoulders and breasts rubbed deeply in cocoa butter whilst you surf the net etc? ;)

Back
Top Bottom