32" AOC 1440p monitor - any good?

Man of Honour
i've just been reminded that nvidia freesync only works with 1000/2000 series gpus, just checking that you have one of those?

Yes, 1070 Ti. I've looked online and can't find any reason why the option for "set up G-sync" doesn't exist in my nvidia control panel. It's correctly detecting the monitor. It has a different model name (Q3279WG5B), but that's normal.

Associate
Yes I did sir. only 3 left :)

If you win the lottery I will envy you! Though if you don't you have potentially two more attempts! ;)

@Angilion G-Sync works on all three DP ports on my card, so I doubt it is that. I am super perplexed as to why it isn't showing for you though! The AOC AGON I had, had no options for Freesync within it's menus, and it showed up in the Nvidia control panel.

Man of Honour
I just tried all 3 DP ports on my card and no change.

I'm also perplexed. Next step is to use DDU to remove the driver entirely and do a clean install, but I see no reason why that would work either given that absolutely nobody else is reporting the same problem and as yet I don't care enough to do it. Partly because I CBA moving my desktop icons around again and partly because I've moved into the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" frame of mind. Maybe a clean install would break something else. I don't know of reason why it should...but I don't know of any reason why the g-sync setup menu isn't appearing in my nvidia control panel and that's happening.

Associate
My precious has arrived already chaps@ :)

http://imgur.com/gallery/6fTbBWP

Very first impressions (literaly just hoocked it up) is that it's way lighter than I was expecting and also thinner around the bezzel! Nice.
Size seems perfect for me also (not to big not to small).
Font/text on pc very easy to read/crisp and looks like it's been automatically set to 200%.
I will have to spend a little time getting to know her...
Any advice on setup?
Should I let Nvidea take control of graphic properties or go with what the game wants (option in nvidea graphic settings)?

oh, and I just broke my DP connection cherry =)

Man of Honour
oh, and I just broke my DP cherry =)
FTFY :p

Font/text on pc very easy to read/crisp and looks like it's been automatically set to 200%.
set the text at 100%. DPI of 31.5" 1440p is the same as 24" 1080p. you don't need 200% unless you're blind ofc

Should I let Nvidea take control of graphic properties or go with what the game wants (option in nvidea graphic settings)?
make sure freesync is on, and vsync is on fast sync (can find vsync settings in 3d settings)

Man of Honour
for monitor settings: i use contrast 50, brightness 60, gamma 3, game mode off, overdrive off
red 54, green 50, blue 51 (your individual panel may differ)

Back
Top Bottom