330 CI Sport, circa 02/03

Caporegime
County said:
You being sarcastic, right?

Cheers :)

He most definately isn't. His integra is rather happily modified, and is certainly a backroad screamer/track weapon, which point-to-point WILL be quicker and more fun than any e46 3-series.

Integra will not be anywhere near as comfortable or bearable on the long motorway haul though.

Associate
Sorry if i came accross a bit crazy :D

IMHO though i dont know how you can compare a tuned Integra to an M3?

If all "your" interested in though is 0-60 and not the complete package then a chipped/ Integra (or whatever other car you may have) is ideal from what it sounds.

Caporegime
He *may* need a complete package, that is exactly why he is looking at the 3-series coupe :confused:

Doesn't mean he won't be disappointed that the integra is going. Sometimes you don't have 100% control in what type of driving you will need to do.

Soldato
OP
County said:
IMHO though i dont know how you can compare a tuned Integra to an M3?

If all "your" interested in though is 0-60 and not the complete package then a chipped/ Integra (or whatever other car you may have) is ideal from what it sounds.

I didn't compare them, YOU did!

I'm clearly not interested in 0-60 either. Dude, what are you going on about?

Someone make him stop please. :(

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Just hit him with a stick!

Can't you keep the Teg and get an older not as fun to drive oil burner something like a volvo?

I need something tidy looking because I go to see clients - take em out for lunch etc. I can't really turn up to a client who owns a fleet of cars, a string of properties and a helicopter in a complete bucket of ****. It's got to look nice. :(

Associate
merlin said:
I didn't compare them, YOU did!

I was responding not to you but to others when claiming your chipped Integra is faster than an M3. I never said this wasnt the case, just thought you were being sarcastic which is why i asked.

I'm clearly not interested in 0-60 either. Dude, what are you going on about?

I responded whith my quote of 0-60 in response to "straight-line" and "point-to-point" comments of the Integra over the M3

Someone make him stop please. :(

To be fair mate i only asked a question, and then apologised cause it came accross a bit crappy.

And i only came on this thread in the first place to help you get your answers. :(

No worries though eh?

Caporegime
True, just covering all the options i suppose, if it was me i wouldn't want to give up the teg, what about something like an Older A4 say 2001 plate with a private reg on will do mega miles whilst still looking good, i think 8k gets you something with around 60k on the clock.

Soldato
Fusion said:
A 330cd for £16,000? Cheapest I've found on Auto Trader is £19,950. There are a couple of 320cd's for that price.

That one on autotrader is an 04 model though. Pretty sure you there were earlier high mileage 330cds on there for cheaper before - although that said, I can't seem to find one anywhere at the moment. :o

Soldato
I really cant see you going from a 9k rpm screamer to a 4k rpm oil burner. Are you potentially getting rid of the Integra for motorway comfort and to save clocking up miles on her ?? Cant you just LPG the Integra and sit on some nice soft cushions ?? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
merlin said:
I need something tidy looking because I go to see clients - take em out for lunch etc. I can't really turn up to a client who owns a fleet of cars, a string of properties and a helicopter in a complete bucket of ****. It's got to look nice. :(

XJR?

A bit "old man" perhaps, but it will eat up those motorway miles and will be something that a client such as that mentioned above would be at home in.

The running costs are fairly high, but that servicing wouldn't be huge (compared to BMW) and the rest depends on whether you are paying for the fuel or not, I suppose :)

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
NickXX said:
Lol, he's looking for a manual which handles well and isn't too thirsty. Otherwise, good find :p

They actually handle pretty well for a car that big. Fuel consumption however....that I will agree with you on! My boss has one, and he reckons it's a good week if he averages 13mpg. Even my Olds does better than that with a tired old pushrod low-comp motor :)

Back
Top Bottom