[360] Guided tour of spring update - update now due 6/06/06

Soldato
So VGA doesn't look washed out any more?

If so I might have to dig my lead out again, as it will provide a superior image to component if the colours look right.

Man of Honour
Wow VGA looks so much better, oblivion looks even more awesome now the colours arent washed out

Dissapointed PGR3 hasnt been fixed at 1280x1024 but i spose thats a Bizarre problem not a Microsoft one

Man of Honour
Steedie said:
Dissapointed PGR3 hasnt been fixed at 1280x1024 but i spose thats a Bizarre problem not a Microsoft one
Correct. How each game deals with the variousresolutions is game specific.

*goes back to watching red dwarf*

Associate
I'm using the standard component output at the moment, I do have a VGA-HDMI cable - would I get a better picture using that with my Pio 436XDE after this update?

Soldato
OP
Just got it, and am messing around with the console settings atm.

You can disable dashboard sound effects! \:D/

/me goes to check dvd playback
Edit: Playback is awesome, it's all I wanted for the 360 and now I've got it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
EezerGoode said:
Im over the moon with the DVD playback now.
It was my main complaint about the 360, and now at last I can actually watch all me dvds, without having to use resource hogging pc apps to do so.

Edit: w00t! Even dvds that had lip sync issues work perfectly now (pirates of caribbean, highlander etc)

Last edited:
Associate
It made me put my batteries back in my media remote :)

Sin City was the film I used to give it the once over, and I was very impressed, all I need now is to get a better cable than the component one.

Soldato
Balls. Got home, grabbed the update, selected 6 Kameo player videos, fired up Rockstar Table Tennis and watched the notifications roll in saying downloads starting :)

However I exit the game and can't find the videos anywhere. Finally looked in memory under videos and found this:

DSC02621 (Medium).JPG

:(

Back
Top Bottom