3930k COOLING LOOP

Soldato
:D

A 560 would surely fill out the bottom nicely...;)

Edit: Only 12KG dry weight too, to give you an idea of how light that is, my dry weight is 26KG!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd have a better measure up when you get it before buying the 560, I just had a read of the manual for the case, it says the bottom can hold either quad 120 or tri 140, no mention of quad 140...

Soldato
OP
I'd have a better measure up when you get it before buying the 560, I just had a read of the manual for the case, it says the bottom can hold either quad 120 or tri 140, no mention of quad 140...

I'll be putting it together b4 I order anything else for it :)

Just tried my QDC's - they don't lock together :(

I collected them from OCUK on Friday, they confirm correct pairing to avoid this :mad:

Was thinking of 2 of these as your correct a 560 won't fit

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-007-BX&groupid=962&catid=1523&subcat=1841

or

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-181-XS&groupid=962&catid=1523&subcat=1841

This will be a slow build as funds are tight now - she wants her new bathroom :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
A tough choice but I'd go with the black ICE rads, they have a really nice gloss black finish to them :D

Whats the part codes on the QDC's? iirc all my QDC's start something like 'VL3-xxx'

Soldato
They look like they should fit, afaik the start of the code (VL3, VL4 etc..) is what determines compatibility.

In what way do they not lock together?

Soldato
Can you stick a pic up of them as together as you can?

Also the VL4 codes, is that whats on the packaging for them or whats actually stamped on the fittings? It sounds like you have one VL4 and one VL3.

Soldato
OP
Can you stick a pic up of them as together as you can?

Also the VL4 codes, is that whats on the packaging for them or whats actually stamped on the fittings? It sounds like you have one VL4 and one VL3.

Same codes etched on the fittings themselves

Its no biggy, I'll just send them back.

Just annoyed that I didn't try them in the shop :(

I just trusted the person who served me as I did ask to confirm matching sets

Last edited:
Associate
That was the first thing I checked, the lugs are present they just don't engage/lock :(

If that's the case then seems like they don't match :/

Just to be sure, you're rotating clockwise right? And give them a good push before twisting, I was surprised how much force they needed. If you lightly push them in the notch won't be in far enough to lock in place.

Soldato
OP
If that's the case then seems like they don't match :/

Just to be sure, you're rotating clockwise right? And give them a good push before twisting, I was surprised how much force they needed. If you lightly push them in the notch won't be in far enough to lock in place.

They push all the way in, lugs and all

Anyone know of a 10 or 12 way fan controller, otherwise I'll just get 2 x 6 way controllers

Last edited:
Soldato

Anyone know of a 10 or 12 way fan controller, otherwise I'll just get 2 x 6 way controllers
Better off getting one controller and using splitters. You seem to have a healthy budget take a look at the aquero range by aqua computer.

Associate

When pushing them in line the notches up with where the arrow is

vdxg6.jpg

Should be easy to tell if they fit properly

Back
Top Bottom