3930k COOLING LOOP

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the piccy's,

Had a look at the website, I do like the look of them.

This one I do think would fit the bill - MAGNUM STH10

Don't mind the cost of the case it's the import duty etc that puts me off :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thanks for the piccy's,

Had a look at the website, I do like the look of them.

This one I do think would fit the bill - MAGNUM STH10

Don't mind the cost of the case it's the import duty etc that puts me off :(

Yeah i agree but you will never need to buy another case again and you will know you have one of the best if not the best watercooling cases money can buy.

Its also unique as hardly anyone has them in the UK or even Europe:D

Soldato
OP
Nice :D

Build quality look up to the usual Corsair high-end standard?

Also if cramming a 900D with a lots of rads and blocks, I'd suggest giving consideration to moving to dual pumps in series, my single D5 is really struggling with an 8 component loop.

Excuse my lack of knowledge here - :(

Is it as simple as just adding a 2nd pump such as this ?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-142-XS&groupid=962&catid=2141

Or would having 2 loops be a wiser/better option ?

Soldato
I was told pumps in series would be better as the higher head pressure vs dual loops would yield better results while giving redundancy if one pump were to fail.

Yep just add a pump so it would start res>pump>pump.

I'll be setting up dual d5's next weekend so I'll let you know how much improvement I see.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was told pumps in series would be better as the higher head pressure vs dual loops would yield better results while giving redundancy if one pump were to fail.

Yep just add a pump so it would start res>pump>pump.

I'll be setting up dual d5's next weekend so I'll let you know how much improvement I see.

Top man :)

Man of Honour
This is the pump/res I use and the quote below gives an idea of the performance of two D5s.

Two D5 pumps not only provide extreme performance, but give you unrivalled reliability. You also get the safety of two pumps, so in the unlikely event of a pump failure your system will keep on running. Together the pumps are so powerful they can pump to a height of 7.7 meters (that's about the height of the average house), but if you're worried about noise the pumps have a variable speed dial on the back.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-184-XS&groupid=962&catid=1532

Soldato
OP
Soldato
^^^
Had a look at this, it is a tempting option.

I wonder if they would swap the rad for one of these

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-162-EK&groupid=962&catid=1523

If so, then it would be a great option :D

I would certainly ask, afaik the kits are made up from stock OcUK have rather then come in a big XSPC box like the EK kits, though Kaap should be able to confirm. If so it shouldn't be totally impossible to change the radiator over.

IF they can't, buy the above kit, flog the AX360, should have no bother selling it given its one of the top performing radiators on the market. You're essentially getting the rad, fittings and tubing for free in those kits.

Soldato
OP
I would certainly ask, afaik the kits are made up from stock OcUK have rather then come in a big XSPC box like the EK kits, though Kaap should be able to confirm. If so it shouldn't be totally impossible to change the radiator over.

IF they can't, buy the above kit, flog the AX360, should have no bother selling it given its one of the top performing radiators on the market. You're essentially getting the rad, fittings and tubing for free in those kits.

Good point, never looked at it that way.

Don't know if I can wait for the 900 :(

Been having a look at the XSPC H2 again and its growing on me :)

Soldato
I like it, finding stock on the other hand...:p

Last time I looked even XSPC didn't have stock so I don't know if its going to make way for a rev.3 or if they are just awaiting stock. Probably a good idea to give their support an email to find out :)

Man of Honour

I think OCUK put the kits together, I have quite a collection of spare pump parts now where OCUK have put these kits together from other stock items.

It is worth asking them if they can swap the rads, its in their interests to make a sale.

Soldato
Nope, not that I know of anyhow, they were just quite swift in releasing the rev.2 (know as the +/Plus) after some flaws were pointed out in the first case. And the first revision looked like pinhead from hellraiser :p

With me not seeing stock for a while I just presumed they might have been refining something on it.

An LD build and possibly an H2+ build going on at the same time (you and Kaap) makes me want to push my phobya monstrosity in front of a train :o

Soldato
OP
Nope, not that I know of anyhow, they were just quite swift in releasing the rev.2 (know as the +/Plus) after some flaws were pointed out in the first case. And the first revision looked like pinhead from hellraiser :p

With me not seeing stock for a while I just presumed they might have been refining something on it.

An LD build and possibly an H2+ build going on at the same time (you and Kaap) makes me want to push my phobya monstrosity in front of a train :o

I think I may go for it, just need to work out the extra's I need.

Rad brackets, blanks etc

Back
Top Bottom