3930k COOLING LOOP

Soldato
Nice :D

Build quality look up to the usual Corsair high-end standard?

Also if cramming a 900D with a lots of rads and blocks, I'd suggest giving consideration to moving to dual pumps in series, my single D5 is really struggling with an 8 component loop.

Soldato
OP
Nice :D

Build quality look up to the usual Corsair high-end standard?

Also if cramming a 900D with a lots of rads and blocks, I'd suggest giving consideration to moving to dual pumps in series, my single D5 is really struggling with an 8 component loop.

Case is very well made :D

I was going to swap out the 240 for a 480(or add), so was hoping that this
would still suffice :confused:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/popup_image.php?prodid=WC-140-XS

If not - any and all suggestions as usual are appreciated :D

Soldato
A single might cope, my d5 almost cuts it, but the pump gets hot and struggles on long durations so I have another d5 waiting to get dropped in the loop to help out.

Agree with kaap on that kit, excellent value when you consider the pump unit and block come to near £300 when purchased alone.

Associate
I like the redundancy as looking at the thread I posted a link to a non running D5 in series with a running pump only reduces the flow by 2% so the other pump can keep the system running.

Permabanned
This is the res i use with 2x 655's.
http://koolance.com/rp-452x2-dual-5-25in-reservoir-for-1-2-pmp-450-s-pumps
This Koolance reservoir is great,i use 2xMCP 655 pumps for this so even the most restrictive loop(s) will not have any problems with regards to head pressure because of the custom waterblocks that can cause slight decrease in head pressure.The beauty of this reservoir is that it dont need a pump top to increase head pressure because once the plastic housing that comes with D5's/MCP655's as stock is removed from the pumps,the output is immediately forced through a 90-degree bend. When you mount the pumps to the koolance bay res the bay also acts as pump top.

AIO WC kits are for No need for that and offer inferior performance compared to a custom setup.

If your gonna watercool do it properly and go custom but its entirely up to you.

Talking of cases if you want the Ultimate Case go get a Caselabs, they **** all over the Little Devil ( which is highly overated and very bland for the price) and the 900D which isnt actually as good as it seems when you analyze it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
AIO WC kits offer inferior performance compared to a custom setup.

If your gonna watercool do it properly and go custom but its entirely up to you.

Talking of cases if you want the Ultimate Case go get a Caselabs, they **** all over the Little Devil ( which is highly overated and very bland for the price) and the 900D which isnt actually as good as it seems when you analyze it.

Who mentioned AIO WC kits ? I've got a Custom kit :confused:

As for the 900, have you actually seen one close up and seen what can be fitted?

Was it you who had a New/Unused caselab?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Who mentioned AIO WC kits ? I've got a Custom kit :confused:

As for the 900, have you actually seen one close up and seen what can be fitted?

Was it you who had a New/Unused caselab?

I didn't realise,apologies, Yes I have seen the Linus Video with the corsair designer, its no different to what an Elysium does or a TJ07 with a modded roof from a certain competitor.(triple in the top, quad in the bottom)

There also much cheaper.
Yes I have the Caselabs and pictures to prove it.

Im in 2 minds to sell it as I just don't have the time to build it atm with work and such.

I may just keep it and build an 8 core Haswell extreme when it becomes available and throw a couple of Maxwell in there depends on time.

Running my own business has its benefits but you don't get hardly any spare time.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I bought this in May 2011 and had it shipped all the way from California before Caselabs even had a website as they were operating from Overlock.net.
Since this case there have been other Caselabs released which you may want to consider.....

I was originally going for the Caselabs TH10 but i decided to go for the smaller M8 case, Extended top and pedestal for 2 reasons.

1.M8 case is a lot smaller,the TH10 is ****ing huge.
2.I Wanted to hide the rads from being seen,2 in the extended top and 2 in the pedestal and to also keep the ambient temps to a minimum inside the main case where the motherboard is.

I can use a total of 8 triple rads in this but i plan to use 4 which is complete Overkill.

2xtriple up top
2xtriple on bottom
2xtriple in pedestal
1xtriple psu door side mount
1xtriple front motherboard side in front of case mounted vertically
Total 8

Anyhow here is a few pics.

Very very well packaged.

Case,extended top(84mm) and Pedestal.

Top of case with Extended top

Top of case with Extended top removed,as you can see it has mountings for 2xtriple radiators.

Case and Extended top side by side,2 triple radiators will go here ontop of the case with the extended top covering them,they will be in push/pull fan config.

Front view with mobo door open and psu door open

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Motherboard door(clear glass although it looks blue with protective film covering it)

Psu door,this is where 1 or 2 psu's and hardrives will go,there is also room for another triple radiator on the side of the door.

Rear of case.

PEDESTAL,this is where 2 of the rads,2 pumps and reservoir will go.

Pedestal side view

Pedestal front view,koolance Reservoir can go here or a fan

Pedestal rear view which will house 2 fans as intakes for the radiators

Pedestal Internal view,as you can see it has 2xtriple radiator mounts,one on each side.

Screws,fittings,Caster mounts etc.

Old but Nice Build on youtube using some koolance QDC's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDWPkzp4-xY

Compilation of Official CaseLabs Photos + Links to Useful Threads
http://www.overclock.net/t/1060596/compilation-of-official-caselabs-photos-links-to-useful-threads

Lots of build logs, Mine is on there that i never actually got around to doing....
http://www.overclock.net/t/1226618/...-interviews-sketch-up-models-and-more-etc-etc

This is a nice tower based Caselabs.
CaseLabs STH10 Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDTBHVIJiA

I also have 4x Rx360 rads, Koolance reservoir and 2xMcp655 pumps.
Its the ultimate watercooling case and destroys the Little devil and any case from Corsair, Infact it destroys any other watercooling case out there even the UFO case.

I did a lot of research before i bought it and i know its the best you can get;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom