• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3950x ETA

Associate
Building a new Pc, I say building I have all the parts apart from a CPU.

I started saving a year ago and bought hardware as they came out or on sale.

So have X570 board, 3600mhz GSkill Neo, Coarsair MP600 1tb PCIE gen 4 Nvme, Radeon vii (That might have been a mistake now) 360 AIO, new case and power supply, just waiting for this 16 core monster. Waited long enough just need to be patient. I can't even get the 12 core anywhere at the moment.

TrM

TrM

Associate
$750 so in £ thats around £610, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was £750 in UK!

why do people al;lways do a converson without adding vat as well lol the cpu wont bre much cheaper then 750 pounds i would 700 to 729.99 is the prtice tbh

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm surprised so many people don't add VAT when converting to UK price. It's been said countless times across this forum and yet people still don't listen and take notice.

Equally only about 5 states in the USA dont have sales tax so there are states that will be paying above $750 at varying degrees

Associate
to be honest i have no clue why would they release this cpu it will clearly effect threadripper sales but that's only me and my opinion
Threadripper is over a year old now, 3rd Gen Threadripper can't be too long away.

Are they still selling a lot of Threadripper CPU's id be surprised!

Soldato
to be honest i have no clue why would they release this cpu it will clearly effect threadripper sales but that's only me and my opinion
Why? Threadripper isn't just about core counts, it's the entire platform: quad-channel memory, ECC support guaranteed, 64 PCIe lanes and (traditionally) the best Ryzen dies. AM4 cannot do any of this. And even if you think purely in core counts, Ryzen 3 maxes at 16 cores, Threadripper starts at 16 cores. So clearly it won't affect Threadripper sales.

And you're also comparing new vs old tech so it's completely skewed. How would a 16 core, dual channel CPU with 16 PCIe 4 lanes possibly impact sales of a 64 core, 8 channel CPU with 128 PCIe 4 lanes?

Back
Top Bottom