• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3DMark Sky Diver Benchmark Thread

Guys I am thinking of doing ASUS competition online. But have very short time span to bench. For this bench you have to use Z97. So my question to everyone is. How is memory impacting the bench?? and is this a Ti bench or a 290X bench?? or is it CPU limited with these cards.

I really dont have time to test. 780 Ti will be at like 1900+ 290X 1635+.

Guys I am thinking of doing ASUS competition online. But have very short time span to bench. For this bench you have to use Z97. So my question to everyone is. How is memory impacting the bench?? and is this a Ti bench or a 290X bench?? or is it CPU limited with these cards.

If running single card it's pretty close, if running multi gpu it's a landslide in favour of AMD.

If running single card it's pretty close, if running multi gpu it's a landslide in favour of AMD.

8Pack AMD cards seem to have much higher combined scores, so that might swing things in your favour with your memory/cpu clocking skills, especially with a golden clocking 290X lightning. I could be talking crap mind, so will see what others say lol. :p

It is going to be pretty close using the clocks above the 780Ti could just edge it providing it has very good VRAM performance.

The safe option would be to go with the 290X as these seem to perform well in most situations.

You will be getting very high fps on LN2 which again seems to favour AMD cards.

This bench can be quite tough on GPUs and you may not be able to reach the same clocks as you can on other benches.

I think if I had to pick a card I would go for the 290X.

Thanks guys. I will be running Haswell 6.3ghz and 2800 C9 memory.

Any tweaks to improve perf?? Win 8 better as with Firestrike.

Which drivers you guys liking? 14.6 Beta is teh best these days for single I think.

Ok I will try that combo first thanks. Win 8 or 7 more efficient?? I have one day to bench all the competition benches.

I think 14.6 is better than 14.7

On 14.6 I scored 47.5k on graphics
On 14.7 today I scored 45.8k on graphics

Check out Ranger @no.1 in the single GPU scoreboard he is using one of the 13.XX series drivers

1. Score 37743, GPU 290X @1330/1725, GFX Score 50126, Physics Score 17586, Combined Score 33305, CPU 3930k @5.15, Rangerjr1 - Link

In a lot of benches this is true Kap. Will have time to run both at stock. I will just go Windows 7 no time for too much testing. Oh Ok thata 13.11 Beta 7 that one. I will try that also.

Last edited:

So far testing going well. Card can pass at 1575-1600 ASUS Matrix and CPU 6.3GT 6.1PT. Could not get both clocking high at same time but will try again as the session went on the card got too cold so I am confident of 45K plus next. Thanks all for the suggestions. 14.6 best driver.

The screeny shows card at 1500 Core and CPU 6.3 for GT's and 6.1 for PT. Those using M7G amazing board but best bios is 0001 I need to role back to this as with latest bios lost some mhz for sure on CPU.

Last edited:
Any idea why my physics are low Kaap??? is it better to go with RAM speed over timings??

I think they are both important but what I have noticed on this bench is the physics score does not make as big an impact on the total score as it did in 3dmark11 for example.

Here is the memory timings I use for my 4930k, I could probably get a bit more but have never got around to really pushing the memory.

TZxvKLx.jpg

Edit just looking at your timings your tRFC could do with coming down quite a bit to something like 96 or 88.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom