• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4 x 18A 12v rails for a GTX 260 Black Edition?

Associate
Well I sent mine back last month and am still waiting for a refund (it wasn't from overclockers btw). They've said they sent it to XFX for testing and I should know by next wednesday. Reading the replies here I'm not too hopeful they'll admit a fault.

Anyway in the meantime I got the new 55nm EVGA 260 SSC and it runs perfectly so far, didn't crash in FurMark like the XFX one would so I'm very pleased with it :) I'll certainly think twice before going with XFX again.

Soldato
My god what a headache this is turning into.

Firstly let me remind everyone that I made a huge mistake and didn't buy the card from OcUK, but a competitor.

I requested a refund last week, so imagine my surprise when a graphics card turned up this morning in the post...
It turned up in just a CityLink bag with absolutely no protection! (when I had to send the faulty card back to them they insisted that I used a strong outer box, which I find very ironic!). The box is trashed (surprise surprise) and it definitely looks second hand.
1) The EVGA security seal is missing.
2) It has rips along the edges of the box and looks very worn-out.
3) It has a knife mark across the front of the box!
4) It has finger prints all over the outside and the instructions on the inside.
5) The Farcry 2 disk is missing.
6) the DVI>VGA adapters are missing.

What an utter joke this is becoming. I wonder how much longer I'm going to be without a computer. Needless to say when I do get a refund I am going to buy the replacement from OcUK. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
****.com have tried arranging pickup of the card 8 times now. However, no-one has come those 8 times.

:eek:

I can imagine what will happen to me now. I'll send the replacement card back and they'll say the box is not in the condition that they sent it and refuse it.
I can't believe they sent the replacement in a CityLink bag with no outside protection when they say in their T&C's that returning items have to be in an outer box.

Associate
Hi Folks.

I sincerely hope you get your refunds. I was lucky and the ****.com that begins with a D are fairly good with RMA so i got mine. Unfortunately i suspect you're using the one with an S who will find any excuse to refuse you. They have a nasty habbit of sending out second hand replacements, so i feel your pain.

If you do get a refund, get one of these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-001-OE

What an absolute bargain and you'll get the customer support you deserve.

Good Luck.

Associate
My god what a headache this is turning into.

Firstly let me remind everyone that I made a huge mistake and didn't buy the card from OcUK, but a competitor.

I requested a refund last week, so imagine my surprise when a graphics card turned up this morning in the post...
It turned up in just a CityLink bag with absolutely no protection! (when I had to send the faulty card back to them they insisted that I used a strong outer box, which I find very ironic!). The box is trashed (surprise surprise) and it definitely looks second hand.
1) The EVGA security seal is missing.
2) It has rips along the edges of the box and looks very worn-out.
3) It has a knife mark across the front of the box!
4) It has finger prints all over the outside and the instructions on the inside.
5) The Farcry 2 disk is missing.
6) the DVI>VGA adapters are missing.

What an utter joke this is becoming. I wonder how much longer I'm going to be without a computer. Needless to say when I do get a refund I am going to buy the replacement from OcUK. :)

Jeez, what a nightmare mate!

Did the RMA page definitely state credit rather than replacement? I know when I phoned them before they collected it I made sure they changed it to credit (which the first guy I'd contacted hadn't done).

Have you taken picks of the box, etc. in case you need to produce evidence?

No way would I accept this, give them 7 days to get the money back into your account or a letter to trading standards if you get no joy.

BTW I STILL haven't got my money back after a week, even though the RMA status page definitely has a credit number issued.

What a bummer that there's another batch of cheap GTX 280s available today on OCUK too!

Soldato
Hi Folks.

I sincerely hope you get your refunds. I was lucky and the ****.com that begins with a D are fairly good with RMA so i got mine. Unfortunately i suspect you're using the one with an S who will find any excuse to refuse you. They have a nasty habbit of sending out second hand replacements, so i feel your pain.

If you do get a refund, get one of these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-001-OE

What an absolute bargain and you'll get the customer support you deserve.

Good Luck.

Holy ****! I didn't see that OcUK GTX280 for that price. I think I might well buy it when I get the refund. :)
Thanks for the heads up.

Jeez, what a nightmare mate!

Did the RMA page definitely state credit rather than replacement? I know when I phoned them before they collected it I made sure they changed it to credit (which the first guy I'd contacted hadn't done).

Have you taken picks of the box, etc. in case you need to produce evidence?

No way would I accept this, give them 7 days to get the money back into your account or a letter to trading standards if you get no joy.

BTW I STILL haven't got my money back after a week, even though the RMA status page definitely has a credit number issued.

What a bummer that there's another batch of cheap GTX 280s available today on OCUK too!

I'm pretty sure that "Credit authorisation" was ticked, but I can't remember for sure. I have contacted them and they have agreed to refund it. I am now worried that when I send it back they will refuse it because the box is in such poor condition (this was caused by them, as they sent it in a citylink bag with no outer box, which they insist on when sending faulty items back to them!). I'm also sure that some of the tears and worn-out patches on the box are caused by second-hand use... Like I said the EVGA security seal is missing and has been replaced with normal tape... you can actually see where someone has peeled off the security seal.
I'm also worrying that they will not accept it because the Farcry 2 disk is missing but it wasn't there in the first place. I have actually taken a video of the state of the box and the inside as evidence just incase (I took this the same day it arrived).

I'm tempted to just grab one of those GTX280's now. I am going to get a refund whatever happens.

EDIT: Just ordered the 280. :p

Last edited:
Associate
It's definately worth taking the risk. Unfortunately I kept checking back to see if OCUK would get some more cheap 280's and i got impatient so picked one up from **** for 250 squid. Of course, the new stock at OCUK showed up the very next day :(.

Regardless, take the plunge and get one. it clocks much higher than the 260 black and has not crashed on me once.

If you're getting a 280 from OCUK then there's the added insentive of lucky dip. It's all a big old mix up of their left over stock. you might get an OC'd version, one with a free game etc........from any manufacturer.

Sounds like fun to me, check out the insanely active thread.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17967729

QUOTE "The very last chance to get a super priced Nvidia GTX 280".

GO FOR IT!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I'm pleased I went for it. Atleast I'll have a computer while I wait for the refund. Alfie you might want to remove the competitor from your post otherwise you'll get in trouble!
I should hopefully get the 280 on Tuesday.

I have contacted ConsumerDirect and asked them for advice incase they refuse the replacement because of the condition of the box. I've also taken pictures and a video.
I still can't believe they sent it in a plastic citylink bag.

Associate
Unfortunately I kept checking back to see if OCUK would get some more cheap 280's and i got impatient so picked one up from **** for 250 squid. Of course, the new stock at OCUK showed up the very next day :(.

Just send it back under DSA if it's still within 7 days. They have to refund you even if you've used it, provided you've taken good care of it.

Associate
Yeah I'm pleased I went for it. Atleast I'll have a computer while I wait for the refund. Alfie you might want to remove the competitor from your post otherwise you'll get in trouble!
I should hopefully get the 280 on Tuesday.

I have contacted ConsumerDirect and asked them for advice incase they refuse the replacement because of the condition of the box. I've also taken pictures and a video.
I still can't believe they sent it in a plastic citylink bag.

Thanks for the heads up GSDog. Strangely the forum wont let me edit my post. Any ideas why? it says in the rules that i cant edit my posts:confused:

Soldato
Well ParcelForce are picking up the replacement on Tuesday. I need to find a box from somewhere because **** didn't bother sending it in a box.
Any idea's where to get a box from or a sheet of cardboard to make one?

I've taken loads of pics of the graphics card box as evidence before I send it back because it is in such a state. In the RMA email they said;

YOUR RMA WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT ENSURE IT IS VERY CAREFULLY AND ADEQUATELY PACKAGED, USING SIMILAR METHODS TO THE ONES WE USED ORIGINALLY ie. Use plenty of bubble wrap and external boxes to protect the product(s) from being damaged on the return courier journey.

They only bothered using one sheet of bubble wrap when sending it back to me.

Anyway, here are some pics of the condition that it arrived in. I am sure some of the damage to the box was caused previously, it is clearly a returned/second hand item.

4lisug.jpg

2m504nc.jpg

35it953.jpg

Soldato
Well I'm pleased. d**s.com kindly sent a different courier who actually picked it up. 3 days later and a refund is on its way to me, despite the product being 3 months old. Very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom