• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4080 & 4090 Coil Whine Thread

Associate
Yes. Think coil whine is bad on all Suprim's AFAIK.

Thanks for the info as I was very close to hunting down a new Suprim X with the new SN on the left or bottom instead of the right.

I had found an open box on ebay and was hoping it was the new one, but saw pictures and SN was above the 12VHPWR connector so it was not or would have pulled the trigger and bought it.

But your info states that even new ones are likely still bad whiners and Hostile_18 just got lucky and hit the lottery with their new Suprim X 4090.

Soldato
OP
Do they still whine like that if you cap it at 120? Im planing to get a 4090 and run it at 4k 120hz to match my oled tv but i dont know if i could live with that noise. Would a waterblock help?

Yep under intense workloads rather than solely on FPS. Each card has a different level that's what makes it so frustrating. I went through 9 till I go this one, which is by far the best.

Associate
Do they still whine like that if you cap it at 120? Im planing to get a 4090 and run it at 4k 120hz to match my oled tv but i dont know if i could live with that noise. Would a waterblock help?

I have a 144Hz monitor so need that cap.

It sort of whines/squeals at 144 FPS and starts to do it bad in high 100s or low 200s and beyond. Though it still makes the chainsaw/bee/grinding like buzzing noise on like every 4090 card I tried when under 350 to 400 watt load no matter the FPS.

I wnat the grinding/buzzing gone or so faint it is like inaudible in a sound dampened case and even buzz tame when side panel open. And no squealing up to 144 FPS. It can squeal as loud as it wants at 200+ FPS which I will never use as I cap it.

Even my 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming OC squealed at 300 to 400+ FPS which I did not care cause I never played at that and it was otherwise very quiet and almost inaudible even in quiet room with sound of in a sound dampened case under any intense GPU 100% gaming load at 240 FPS or less on 1440P.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info as I was very close to hunting down a new Suprim X with the new SN on the left or bottom instead of the right.

I had found an open box on ebay and was hoping it was the new one, but saw pictures and SN was above the 12VHPWR connector so it was not or would have pulled the trigger and bought it.

But your info states that even new ones are likely still bad whiners and Hostile_18 just got lucky and hit the lottery with their new Suprim X 4090.

@JediFragger does your quiet Suprim have the sticker on the left or right? Just trying to get more data to notice any trends. Whether it's a different revision or a different factory etc.

Caporegime
I'll do a video in the next few days, working flat out at the minute. I still have a video of control maxed out on my first Suprim so that will make q good comparison.
Yep under intense workloads rather than solely on FPS. Each card has a different level that's what makes it so frustrating. I went through 9 till I go this one, which is by far the best.
Cheers mate. That's dedication. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom