• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4080/4090 ROG Strix White Edition - anyone managed to grab one?

Soldato
Was still cheaper than a scalped nonwhite version even on StockX so as long as I get it I'm happy lol, just hope it doesn't get delayed any further since I'll have all my other parts by a week from now
Ouch that works out at $2600, $1000 over the 4090 msrp. Do you have to pay any import duties on top of that if it's going to the US?

Associate
Ouch that works out at $2600, $1000 over the 4090 msrp. Do you have to pay any import duties on top of that if it's going to the US?
Yes, it's about $2660. However, keep in mind that all scalping prices aside that the STRIX OC 4090 MSRP is already $1999.99 and that the $1599.99 MSRP is for FE only. And, from what I can gather from every European retailer website that has offered the white version, the MSRP is about 2500eur (about the same as I just paid for it) and honestly to me it's worth it. This is my parts list I'll be building once it gets here. https://************.com/list/dmR82m

I do believe I will have to pay tax on it when it gets here, but I'm not sure what taxes they will be or how much they will cost

Associate
@Gibbo Hi there. Last time you helped myself and others during the 4090 after the Amazon pay issues. I was wondering is can we pre order these white 4090?

And to the poster that had reservations about overclockers being sketchy you can rest assured they will do everything to accommodate you.

Also I received today the white strix 4080 although that wasn’t difficult as it sells far less than say a 4090.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I was looking at these cards, what are they selling for if you don't mind me asking? There's currently no price shown as they're currently out of stock...
2.6K is what I paid. I don't even know what the MSRP is supposed to be, it's not law so it is what it is but I just wanted one, take my money! They're up on the Bay for like 1K over that...

Associate
2.6K is what I paid. I don't even know what the MSRP is supposed to be, it's not law so it is what it is but I just wanted one, take my money! They're up on the Bay for like 1K over that...
Thanks for getting back to me. The price is a little strong for me, I'll stick with my TUF and pass on the all white build for now. They really are a great looking card though, enjoy buddy!

I saw the scalped one on eBay at 3.5k (sigh).

OcUK Staff
Just to let you know that your order shall ship today. :)

More stock shall be made available to buy online later today for those interested.

OcUK Staff
Oh I timed that right, managed to get an order in :p

Yep you will have got one as this batch did not over sell, new website updates are working much better, rather crazy though how fast a £2599 GPU sells for, but these will be exceptionally rare cards I suspect.

Associate
Why did you order from the uk? Was it not available stateside? Gotta respect the committment
White edition was only released to select retailers in a few European countries, if you go to my pc part picker /user/loldotz/saved/BDZ4pg you'll see why I really wanted it!

Last edited:
Associate
White edition was only released to select retailers in a few European countries, if you go to my pc part picker /user/loldotz/saved/BDZ4pg you'll see why I really wanted it!
nice
notices your sleeved psu sleeved cable kit says 'black'..though pic is white...assume you getting white sleeves cables..just checkingyou ordered correct, not mistake with pic,,
enjoy you b'day present..not tempted with the lian li strimmer set to white for your build :)

Associate
nice
notices your sleeved psu sleeved cable kit says 'black'..though pic is white...assume you getting white sleeves cables..just checkingyou ordered correct, not mistake with pic,,
enjoy you b'day present..not tempted with the lian li strimmer set to white for your build :)
Yeah don't worry I already have almost all the parts, including those cables and they are white. However, I have the HX1200i and I had to buy a separate corsair ATX 24 pin because the cable set is type 4 and my psu only accepts type 3 for the 24 pin. Glad I caught that beforehand LOL

I did actually look at the strimer today but I thought it might be a bit overkill, but it's really hard to determine aesthetics beforehand because it's hard to visualize all these parts at once. It took me forever to decide on the new vengeance rgb ram over the white trident z5 and I'm still constantly having second thoughts about it

Associate
Yeah don't worry I already have almost all the parts, including those cables and they are white. However, I have the HX1200i and I had to buy a separate corsair ATX 24 pin because the cable set is type 4 and my psu only accepts type 3 for the 24 pin. Glad I caught that beforehand LOL

I did actually look at the strimer today but I thought it might be a bit overkill, but it's really hard to determine aesthetics beforehand because it's hard to visualize all these parts at once. It took me forever to decide on the new vengeance rgb ram over the white trident z5 and I'm still constantly having second thoughts about it
got the strimmers, but in corsair 5000x case..can put a pic if you want to look..got ql120 fans but will give you an idea...need to do another build. looking at the evo case but a lot of dust here..trying to work out how good it is for cleaning...white build looks good..not sure I'm willing to do the white tax though:cry:..had a friend i met on here who did a white build with the ql120 in evo case. he used the h150i elite capellix aio with digital display and sprayed it white to blend in with build..looked awesome

Back
Top Bottom