4080 super running like crap

yer that is a big difference, but your average as gone up by a few... strange

DLSS go's on a sliding scale, from quality to performance.
Set ever setting in the game to max that will drop your fps, then use DLSS to tune.
it will be set to quality by default because your system is a good spec, just drop it one notch at a time.

can i ask what you paid for the 4080s? because it a lot of money for 13% upgrade over the 3090.
the money for me would be better spent of 14700k or 7800x3d

upgradeing from a 3090 right now is 4090 or pointless, the 3090 is not old enough yet for a 80 card to be a lot better that would be next gen
£970 I think I might return as I'm jot actually getting any better fps and game is running trash.

Reseated the card.
Preformed another ddu.
Put hdd and ssd in the 2 bottoms ports on the mother board. One was in the middle. No longer on m2_2

Still on x16 3.0 but does drop to x16 1.1 when not under load.

The M.2 slot: M.2_2 shares bandwidth with the PCI-E full length slots 1 & 2. If you enable the option highlighted in red in your screenshot: then you get 8 lanes on your primary slot, 4 lanes on the second and 4 lanes for your M.2 drive in M.2 slot 2.

If your PC does not boot into Windows with any other setting, I would assume you have a M.2 drive installed into slot M.2_2.

If so, this is not an issue and while some performance loss will happen running @ 3.0 with only 8 lanes, it should not be terrible (in TPU's testing with a 4090, they lost a maximum of 8%).
I have it now booted on the top option not the m2_2 all the drives are in m2_3 and m2_4

N.i
yes i just sold a 13500 set up in the MM and i can defo say its an Amazing CPU when working with DDR5. i fold at 1080p it would sit at about 80% CPU usage i wouldn't personally put streaming load on top of that, but at 1440p the CPU would sit back and relax pumping out 165fps

i wasn't saying one is better than the other but if i was dropping 1k into the system he as for gaming i wouldn't be replacing 3090 i would be trying to move over to DDR5 based system. the AMD chip is very good for gaming. but yes intel dose tend to be the choice of most streamers, just like NV is too

also wasn't saying he needed two system i just pointed out most streamer that are trying to get to the top run two in some way.
my buddy son just reused his old system after upgrading
I'm not trying to get to the top mate I just do it for complete fun. I also don't want another system.

Back
Top Bottom