• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

40th Anniversary Intel - Core i7-8086K - 5.0GHz+

Associate
What I do to control the power of extreme AVX loads is set a power limit e.g. XTU with no limits at my config would use about 160-180 watts, I have a limit if I remember right of something like 120 sustained, and short term boost to 140 or 150. For all normal workloads this equates to no throttling, games etc. But if I were to start doing rendering on something using AVX instructions it will be contained by the power limit, this manages temps as well.

This way light to moderate AVX loads dont throttle below my max clocks (they would with an offset).

Where do you set that? In the BIOS? I've only done basic overclocking (voltages, all-core boost ratio and offset).

Soldato
yep its in the bios, you can also soft set (lasts until reboot) in XTU app.

it be labeled something like short duration power and long duration power.

Back
Top Bottom