• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4870 + AC Accelero S1 Rev2 = F..T..W.

Here is mine with 2 x 92mm on it. It gave better results than a single 120mm.

3775_4870cooling.jpg

I was originally going to watercool my 8800gt, but after installing the S1 I'm not going to bother. I now use the Accelero on every gfx card I use, awesome cooler if you've got the room in your case.

Like you I've got a 120mm fan attached, it's a yate loon spinning at 650rpm. You cannot hear it at all at this speed, yet it brings down the temps a fair bit.

Top tip, remove all the plastic bits, and watch the temps go even lower. :cool:

Mine goes no higher then 80'C with a 120mm fan.

I went and cut of 2 fins, re-tapped a new hole and filled down the ends as i think they are slightly too high for the VRM's as they are. I think a lot of the S1 high temp problems are just poor contact from ad hoc modding.

Mine goes no higher then 80'C with a 120mm fan.

I went and cut of 2 fins, re-tapped a new hole and filled down the ends as i think they are slightly too high for the VRM's as they are. I think a lot of the S1 high temp problems are just poor contact from ad hoc modding.

Can you check using everest and running furmark at 1280x1024 windows mode plz?

Back
Top Bottom