• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4960X gets tested

Soldato
I was hoping for a bigger increase :(

I dont really need 6 core yet but will soon. Fingers crossed this release drops the 39xx series price.

Soldato
OP
Really looking forward to the full 4820k test, october is gonna be a good month either way,this ipad is doing my nut in!!!

@kaap, read your thread on oc3d.net, oh my god what ***** hats off to you for keeping cool, TTL has gone way down in my estimations.

Soldato
Gutted by these results tbh, I genuinely expected more given its a die shrink and still 130w, 115x Ivy had the excuse of being dropped down to 77w...

8-10% better at best, a figure that could be lost over SB-E if you hit a real poor clocker.

Naked haswell is now looking like my only real option.

OcUK Staff
6 Core 12 thread 6.5+ghz DDR3000 no cold bug goodness. Bring it to me!!!!! Of course its an upgrade!!! 6% no way 5.7 compared to 6.5+. Vantage CPU test, 11 Physics, Firestrike Physics!!!! Wham bam thank you Intel!!! lol

Clock for clock who care!!! Clock it further then!!!

Soldato
OP
Gutted by these results tbh, I genuinely expected more given its a die shrink and still 130w, 115x Ivy had the excuse of being dropped down to 77w...

8-10% better at best, a figure that could be lost over SB-E if you hit a real poor clocker.

Naked haswell is now looking like my only real option.

Gutted, yes.... But i'm not gonna pass judgement till the full results are in, the possibility of good clocks and a strong imc, ummmmm, count me in.

Man of Honour
I think 8 Packs twisted my arm to wait it out and see :o

Christ, I've changed my mind about 5 times this week :(

I think IB-E is the way forward, some of the things that come with it are well worth having like the improved IMC and hopefully better overclocking than SB-E

I will be getting at least one IB-E hexcore and possibly two to replace the CPUs in my rigs.

Soldato
Yep, the more I dig the more cons I'm finding about haswell, some chips requiring over 1.3v to get 4.3ghz is massively off putting. I know it's a lottery but that's just dire. At least I could be safe in the knowledge ivy e will tolerate brute force for benching.

Man of Honour
Yep, the more I dig the more cons I'm finding about haswell, some chips requiring over 1.3v to get 4.3ghz is massively off putting. I know it's a lottery but that's just dire. At least I could be safe in the knowledge ivy e will tolerate brute force for benching.

6 cores are a lot more fun than 4 on Haswell, and for multi GPU setups it is a non contest with IB-E winning hands down. 4.3 or 4.4 on Haswell is not going to drive multi GPUs very well.

Back
Top Bottom