• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4k resolution = bad draw distance and rendering.... still in 2021

Associate

kinda sucks that we still have this issue with the latest graphics cards. you would think that the game developers would add in a slider that lets the draw distance be added at a longer distance.

I'm playing A C Valhalla maxed out at 4k and its driving me nuts that when I am moving around all the plants and trees and everything in front of me is being draw before my eyes.....

If Games like MF sim 2021 can solve the issue then so can other new titles. maybe its just be me because 4k is so sharp and I play on 55" screen I notice everything.

Soldato
Depends on the engine the game is built on and applies to all resolutions. Unreal engine 5 generates this granular detail you seek at all distances and is out now with games shipping this Autumn.

Resizable bar support being universal will also massively help push draw distances out at all resolutions. I'm livid our i7 7700k and i7 8700k will never get resizable bar.

Soldato
AC games are particularly bad at this aspect, so you're looking at a worst case scenario almost. Things will improve, don't worry, but not until 2023+ when engines will properly switch to new tech to accommodate for SSDs and more advanced rendering techniques. On the Ubisoft side for example you can see what a big jump there was from Division 1 to Div 2 and that was still just an "upgrade" and not an overhaul. 3rd party-wise UE5 especially will be much better at this focusing on the reyes principle.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...xt-gen-unreal-engine-running-on-playstation-5

Associate
Depends on the engine the game is built on and applies to all resolutions. Unreal engine 5 generates this granular detail you seek at all distances and is out now with games shipping this Autumn.

Resizable bar support being universal will also massively help push draw distances out at all resolutions. I'm livid our i7 7700k and i7 8700k will never get resizable bar.

Upgrade time :)

Associate

kinda sucks that we still have this issue with the latest graphics cards. you would think that the game developers would add in a slider that lets the draw distance be added at a longer distance.

I'm playing A C Valhalla maxed out at 4k and its driving me nuts that when I am moving around all the plants and trees and everything in front of me is being draw before my eyes.....

If Games like MF sim 2021 can solve the issue then so can other new titles. maybe its just be me because 4k is so sharp and I play on 55" screen I notice everything.

It is a slow process but it will happen.

Permabanned

Switch to Radeon and your problems will be fixed. GeForces are known for their bad image quality.

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB in action:

Associate

Funny you should post this but I've just upgraded to my dream rig and after playing Valhalla for a few months assumed the new set up on everything maxed would be great...and it is!!
Cept for the ******* draw distance....

Associate

I’m an Unreal Engine developer. Unreal Engine 5 is not “out”. The current version is 4.26... We have a few preview features, but the main features of UE5 such as Nanite aren’t coming til the end of Q1...

Soldato
Just the crappy engine.

One reason why i didnt play much of the other games. Looks great up close and on characters to around 20-30 metres. Then in the distant mountains. Looks like a ps2 game. In terms of far render detail and depth. TW3 looked far far better and that is nearly a 6 year old game.

Soldato
I really hate pop-in, but the more you push out the draw distance the more you need loaded at one time, so VRAM is a limiter. Doubling the draw distance means 4 times the area of assets needs to be loaded.

You also need enough bandwidth to keep streaming in assets, and that can only go at the pace of the slowest component, which could be the hard disk/SSD.

Obviously with more VRAM you can cache more data, so streaming can be optimised.

Soldato
I really hate pop-in, but the more you push out the draw distance the more you need loaded at one time, so VRAM is a limiter. Doubling the draw distance means 4 times the area of assets needs to be loaded.

You also need enough bandwidth to keep streaming in assets, and that can only go at the pace of the slowest component, which could be the hard disk/SSD.

Obviously with more VRAM you can cache more data, so streaming can be optimised.

Just a poorly optimised/designed game. Ac games are rarely anything but. Distance detail and tree/shrub level detail at a distance is laughable. So is the pop in at 10 metres.

RDR2 did a pretty amazing job with next to no pop in while maintaining excellent detail and distance detail. I think even skyrim from 2011 did a better job than ubisoft.

Back
Top Bottom