4TB ?

Soldato
You have to remember the aim for higher storage isnt really for home use.

At work our current CCTV DVRs have 6TB in them, and you can add a 24 bay RAID with 72TB in them, some like to have two connected for double that.

The higher capacity the drive the less drives we need to fit and less power thats needed.

Associate
OP
well i don't think i have to worry as i am mostly using my pc for gaming as i have a huge stack load if DVDs and a laptop for music so i don't think i could fill it XD

Soldato
just a random thread here but how can people want 4 and 5 TB hard drives i can t even get close to filling 2TB its understandable is there into music as i can fill 1TB just from music alone

I have a total of 3TB inside my PC

1TB drive is my media drive, holds all my music, TV Shows and Films
2TB drive used as a backup drive, which essentially is just a duplicate of the first drive, plus a Windows Image

Soldato
I've just deleted TBs of files movies and stuff, that I hadn't watched for in some cases years, it's all just sitting there 99.9% of the time doing nothing spinning away, using power. With fast (100MB) broadband it's actually less useful to have gigs of data lying aobut, just fetch what you want when you need it.

Back
Top Bottom