5.0.1 untether JB is here

Associate
Im hoping that there someone here that can help.

After waiting for the jailbreak for 5.0.1 i was happy to see that it had been relised.
So updated (no problem) the jailbroke via redsn0w, now this is where my problem start.
When ever i start cydia it goes though the downloading and loading then throws an error that is in red at the end.
Now this error have been many differant ones

These are just a couple that i have taken the time to write down.
subprosess/bib/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
or
Failed to fetch http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/main ... TTP/1.1404 not found
or HTTP1.1 504 Gateway Time-out

If i try to manually install a source i get error like
GPG error:http://apt.modmyi.com stable Release The following signature were invalid BADSIG87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <[email protected]>
The sources that are there (big boss etc) are empty.
I have install the update and JB about 5 times now, each time with the same affect.
Ive used redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1 and redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3. Ive also tried using wi-fi and 3g for cydia to downlaod the bits it needs all with the same affect.

What can i do to get this to work. That save the phone from being launched at the wall. I was on 4.3.3 jb before and had no problems what so ever.

Thanks in advance for any help as im starting to loose my hair over this, and i didnt have much to start with..

Don
That kyle@modmyifone I keep getting just browsing Cydia, I assume it is from when Cydia tries automatically refreshing the packages so it tries downloading and an error occurs. Cydia is still hampered from high load I think so some Cydia apps are still hard to install.

Got to be patient I guess but I have managed to get all the ones I want back.

Associate
but how do i get the sources back, as i see nothing in them. its as though ive installed cydia but thats it, theres nothing to install. No SBsetting, ect

Associate
Im hoping that there someone here that can help.

After waiting for the jailbreak for 5.0.1 i was happy to see that it had been relised.
So updated (no problem) the jailbroke via redsn0w, now this is where my problem start.
When ever i start cydia it goes though the downloading and loading then throws an error that is in red at the end.
Now this error have been many differant ones

These are just a couple that i have taken the time to write down.
subprosess/bib/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
or
Failed to fetch http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/main ... TTP/1.1404 not found
or HTTP1.1 504 Gateway Time-out

If i try to manually install a source i get error like
GPG error:http://apt.modmyi.com stable Release The following signature were invalid BADSIG87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <[email protected]>
The sources that are there (big boss etc) are empty.
I have install the update and JB about 5 times now, each time with the same affect.
Ive used redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1 and redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3. Ive also tried using wi-fi and 3g for cydia to downlaod the bits it needs all with the same affect.

What can i do to get this to work. That save the phone from being launched at the wall. I was on 4.3.3 jb before and had no problems what so ever.

Thanks in advance for any help as im starting to loose my hair over this, and i didnt have much to start with..

I got error when adding all my sources, I just rebooted my phone and they all seemed to function normally.

I think the servers are just overloaded, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now.

Associate
i updated mine to the non tethered jb last night, now i have no signal, and i dont rely on it for an unlock, im using the same phone orange sent me out with my contract, help!!
all it says is no service!

Are you sure you don't need a Jailbreak that preserves your baseband?

Soldato
Just JB my iP4 on 5.0.1, all went well apart from my Music app was blanked out then suddenly appeared...odd

Loving Zephyr :D what tethering apps are people using? Tried with TetherMe, but as iam with Tesco I dont have Personal Hotspot which I think it requires...

Associate
Do I just re-jailbreak even though I have the tethered jailbreak at the moment?

If you have the tethered Jailbreak you can download the untethered Jailbreak from Cydia to save you re-doing everything.

Search Cydia for Corona 5.0.1 Untether

This will fully untether your device.

Soldato
Any issues Cydia throws up can be ignored, I get red and yellow update errors all the time, it just means the repo's/sources are down at the moment.

Personally, I'm lovin' the 5.0.1 untether for the i4, just wish it would get released for the4S and iPad2 too.

Annoyed some stuff isn't working with 5.0.1 though, LiveClock and Graviboard were awesome

Back
Top Bottom