5.0.1 untether JB is here

Soldato
I think I'm going to restore from a backup in iTunes and re-jailbreak. But this time I'm not going to use Aptbackup in Cydia as I would appear to have reinstalled almost everything I had to date, mod and Winterboard wise that slowed my iPhone 4 down to a crawl in the first place. This time, SBSettings will do, I'll not bother with Winterboard and even Lockinfo seems to slow everything down a fair bit, I'm thinking there's a sort of conflict of resources between it and the notification centre that comes with iOS 5.

Soldato
Ok, just installed Spire from Cydia and rebooted ( ended up with the 1/4 screen issue once again but the previously posted method to fix that works ). Then started reading about Spire and what is required as far as setting it up goes. Didn't realise it is next to pointless ( despite the developer maintaining that it isn't - it certainly looks like it is at this particular point in time ) unless you have access and details of a proxy to allow access to Apples servers. Considering Spire sends everything you do with it to Apple via whatever dodgy proxy settings you input into your phone, I am thinking this could possibly be a bit risky.

All the Siri proxies I've found are written in Ruby and easily obtainable, and makes it possible to run your own private proxy on a free Ruby webhost somewhere. This is what I've been tinkering about with (for fun mainly). The issue is getting the Siri GUI running reliably on a non-4S device and getting regular updates of authentication keys from a friend who may be kind enough to provide you with them. So far both Spire and SiriN1ght have been less than impressive, being very buggy even trying to record speech input, let alone send it off to be processed.

Soldato
I think I'm going to restore from a backup in iTunes and re-jailbreak. But this time I'm not going to use Aptbackup in Cydia as I would appear to have reinstalled almost everything I had to date, mod and Winterboard wise that slowed my iPhone 4 down to a crawl in the first place. This time, SBSettings will do, I'll not bother with Winterboard and even Lockinfo seems to slow everything down a fair bit, I'm thinking there's a sort of conflict of resources between it and the notification centre that comes with iOS 5.

i as going to use aptbackup but i forgot to do it, my phone feels much faster. Even when I did install stuff, (bitemsms, fake operator, smstoemail) etc they kept all their settings. there seems to be some weird stuff with bitesms and imessing. e.g. bitesms will notify me of imessages, i can quick reply but they dont show in the main bitesms app, only in the apple messaging app

Soldato
right new issue. downloaded corona. all seemed well and dandy. however when i launch any app i have downloaded, including cydia, they just quit straight out. its like i have downloaded the semi tether as when i launch safari. it crashes out. my mail doesnt work. i still get signal and such and it tis rather annoying. im going to try and use redsn0w and ' just boot ' the device to see what happens. any one else shed any light on this ? i dont want to re jail break as ill lose my app data , more importantly game saves ;(

edit : right update. did just boot in redsnow and cydia is now working. going to try and download corona and see what happens

edit 2 : found corona. tried installing it and it said cant fix / find .. some file path. try manually fixing it. have no idea where it hides and any stuff like that. any one got any hints ?

Last edited:

rpg

rpg

Associate
right new issue. downloaded corona. all seemed well and dandy. however when i launch any app i have downloaded, including cydia, they just quit straight out. its like i have downloaded the semi tether as when i launch safari. it crashes out. my mail doesnt work. i still get signal and such and it tis rather annoying. im going to try and use redsn0w and ' just boot ' the device to see what happens. any one else shed any light on this ? i dont want to re jail break as ill lose my app data , more importantly game saves ;(

edit : right update. did just boot in redsnow and cydia is now working. going to try and download corona and see what happens

edit 2 : found corona. tried installing it and it said cant fix / find .. some file path. try manually fixing it. have no idea where it hides and any stuff like that. any one got any hints ?
What version of redsn0w are you using? What IPSW version are you using to tether-boot?

Download the latest redsn0w here (0.9.10b3), and the final 5.0.1 build below. Corona won't install properly if you used a hybrid 5.0 / 5.0.1 combination to tether jailbreak previously.

Here are the official download links to iOS 5.0.1:

Soldato
Right, just finished off restoring from a backup and re-jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.9.10b3. This time I'm not going to use Aptbackup and clog my phone up with all the crud I downloaded from Cydia previously "just to see what it looked like". :rolleyes:

Going to grab SbSettings and leave it at that for now. :cool:

Don
Right, just finished off restoring from a backup and re-jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.9.10b3. This time I'm not going to use Aptbackup and clog my phone up with all the crud I downloaded from Cydia previously "just to see what it looked like". :rolleyes:

Going to grab SbSettings and leave it at that for now. :cool:

I have:

SBSettings
Remover
Gridlock
Shrink
Harvester
NoNewsIsGoodNews
Infinifolders
NoSpot

Mine are all appearance tweaks really but haven't notice them hinder the phone's performance.

Soldato
I get the feeling that out of everything I was running, Lockinfo was the resource hog. Not previous to iOS 5.0 ( seemed to run fine with no performance loss on 4.1 ) I have to say but as I said earlier Iam not 100% sure but Lockinfo seems to clash a bit with Notification Centre. I've now got Five icon dock and SBSettings installed and it seems fine. Might tweak a wee bit more but I'm staying away from Themes and anything that makes Winterboard work hard. :D

Associate
I get the feeling that out of everything I was running, Lockinfo was the resource hog. Not previous to iOS 5.0 ( seemed to run fine with no performance loss on 4.1 ) I have to say but as I said earlier Iam not 100% sure but Lockinfo seems to clash a bit with Notification Centre. I've now got Five icon dock and SBSettings installed and it seems fine. Might tweak a wee bit more but I'm staying away from Themes and anything that makes Winterboard work hard. :D

Lockinfo sucks anyway and iOS 5 has better lock screen info.

Back
Top Bottom