5.0.1 untether JB is here

Soldato
Been waiting for this for ages, just so I can use SBSettings. It's even better now it's in the notification centre. Also using FiveIconDock and TetherMe.

These are the only JB apps I really use. I think that most stuff from Cydia is really aesthetically ugly and spoils the clean UI of the iPhone.

Soldato
No

Edit: You might want to re-jailbreak with redsn0w b3 though. Make sure you choose not to install Cydia though.

THIS^^. :cool:

Perfectly fine to run b3 over the top of your current redsn0w JB, in fact it's recommended - redsn0w 0.9.10b2 fixed any issues with launchctl and redsn0w 0.9.10b3 addresses the MobileSubstrate-based apps not running until MS is installed again. So it's worth "patching" it, for want of a better description.

As TrUz said, just remember to not install Cydia again during the process. And also as it says on the Dev Team blog, make sure you carry out a full controlled “slide to power off” shutdown before running redsn0w. :cool:

Lockinfo sucks anyway and iOS 5 has better lock screen info.

I'm inclined to agree. I liked Lockinfo before moving to iOS 5 but Apple have got the notification centre spot on now. No real need for Lockinfo anymore. :cool:

Associate
Been waiting for this for ages, just so I can use SBSettings. It's even better now it's in the notification centre. Also using FiveIconDock and TetherMe.

These are the only JB apps I really use. I think that most stuff from Cydia is really aesthetically ugly and spoils the clean UI of the iPhone.

I've been waiting for SBSettings too... and most of all having folders in folders!

Soldato

Yep, I only really carried out the JB so I could use SBSettings and FiveIconDock. I've also got the RemoveBG Toggle added into SBSettings as I find it a very handy addition. I'm surprised no one has came up with either an SBSettings or RemoveBG type app for the un-jailbroken iPhone yet, I'd happily pay for those via the Appstore and not bother Jail breaking my phone at all. I have already tried Iconsettings but found it an ugly and clumsy way to do things. :)

Soldato
I'm surprised no one has came up with either an SBSettings or RemoveBG type app for the un-jailbroken iPhone yet, I'd happily pay for those via the Appstore and not bother Jail breaking my phone at all.

I'm guessing Apple doesn't allow apps to change system settings, hence the need for a JB :(

SBSettings in the notification center? How does one get it in there?!

Easy. Once you've installed SBSettings, go into Settings then Notifications. You can then move SBSettings into the notification centre just like any other app :)

[edit] I recommend going into the SBSettings settings and using the 'Serious SBSettings HD' theme. All of the others look horrible in the notification centre because they clash with Apple's design.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it just me or does Cydia go a bit bonkers around this time of night, because of server load probably?. Still working ok for me but just slow and throwing up the odd error here and there.

Would be interested in an answer to Andybtsn's question above as well. :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers for the SBSettings/Notification center info.

However, is there anyway to have More, Refresh, Dock, Respring and Power as well as the main buttons?

Yes.

Go to SBSettings, Using Windows Toggles (under iOS5+ Notifications)... Select the options you want in there.

More Button Row for resrping etc...

Info Row for IP Address etc...

Associate
i updated mine to the non tethered jb last night, now i have no signal, and i dont rely on it for an unlock, im using the same phone orange sent me out with my contract, help!!
all it says is no service!

Back
Top Bottom