• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5000$ 3070-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
How much are these 3070's going for? Anyone feel free to message me a code as I'm halfway to saying sod it on this new build now... Was hoping to get something sorted this weekend as want to sell my gaming laptop (eBay 80% off fees) to finance this build but looking a bit stuck right now on that one

Vision at £600
Aorus Extreme at £750
Aorus Elite RTX 3060 at £450

Associate
I've been kinda avoiding the GPU section as I presumed it was all doom and gloom ... I think it's cool that there are the codes being done... not that it'd really help me unless there's still a shortage in 2024, haha... also I think £600 would still be a bit rich for my blood, that's almost a 3080 by that point (not that you can find them, but you know), the appeal of the 3070 to me was it being sub-500 but I'm guessing the shop has to pay even more than that at this point anyway... real shame that public one went badly, I've got no idea what can be done about scalpers but I really hope this isn't what we're going to have to deal with from now on with GPUs, as even mining aside it seems like once people get the idea that they can make a quick buck buying out all the supply and reselling then there's not really much that can be done on something with such a limited supply.

Associate
I believe it does, but the Admin team and IT were not able to offer me a subforum due a technical difficulty, it could be down to the fact that the IT staff who implemented the platform have now left the company.
I understand. I'm also not going to make posts I don't feel contribute just to bump up my post count, so hopefully a solution for those of us in this situation can be found in the not-too-distant future.

OcUK Staff
all the 3060's seem to be hanging around even a couple of weeks ago £600 would not have put people off

£550 is where they seem to sell crazy fast, so hence they are at £579 and selling steadily and we have a flagship model at £449 with voucher code in the MM.

Associate
I think that the real problem is that too many people have given in to scalpers encouraging more of the practice. It's not really true that there is a limited supply of cards, there would be a huge lead time and investment cost but more chip fabs could be built to pump out more chips. I guess Nvidia/TSMC etc might know/believe that a lot of stock is in the hands of scalpers and if they had to dump it all then they would get burnt on the investment

Associate
£550 is where they seem to sell crazy fast, so hence they are at £579 and selling steadily and we have a flagship model at £449 with voucher code in the MM.

people have set the bots to buy at that price

lets hope lots of people can replace there old 1060's ect

Caporegime
I think that the real problem is that too many people have given in to scalpers encouraging more of the practice. It's not really true that there is a limited supply of cards, there would be a huge lead time and investment cost but more chip fabs could be built to pump out more chips. I guess Nvidia/TSMC etc might know/believe that a lot of stock is in the hands of scalpers and if they had to dump it all then they would get burnt on the investment
Whether it's too much demand or too little supply, I've not personally seen a situation such as the one today with no end in sight. We're months past launch date, here.

Still everything is selling out immediately - within minutes or seconds.

Whether that's abnormal demand or abnormal supply, or both, the result is a very abnormal shopping experience. As such, people are paying more partly because of FOMO.

Even those of us holding out for lower prices have no idea how long we will be waiting.

Associate
Similar to some other posts here, only discovered the forum after calling in about these listed cards. Understand and appreciate the system that's been implemented to ensure genuine users are getting access to these cards. While it will not be feasible for myself, all the best for those that are able to and enjoy the new cards!

Soldato
I have a feeling i have like 4 months left on my ban from the MM LOL I think I priced an old gpu I didnt need slightly above MSRP (going rate at the time though) and hence I'm a scalper. Ah well.

Associate
Whether it's too much demand or too little supply, I've not personally seen a situation such as the one today with no end in sight. We're months past launch date, here.

Still everything is selling out immediately - within minutes or seconds.

Whether that's abnormal demand or abnormal supply, or both, the result is a very abnormal shopping experience. As such, people are paying more partly because of FOMO.

Even those of us holding out for lower prices have no idea how long we will be waiting.
Pretty sure it's both, with multiple causes for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom