• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Soldato
Ahh i see. But Then u cant use sam either right ??

Atm i get r23 at 1667/16091 timespy 13200. And gpu with sam 256xx would just be cool to up the cpu a bit more
You might find an early bios from around 2020 that lets you run over +200 and has SAM but honestly it's not worth bothering now with outside of benchmarks.

Associate
You might find an early bios from around 2020 that lets you run over +200 and has SAM but honestly it's not worth bothering now with outside of benchmarks.
I see. Ill just let it run as it is. Sure is a beast the gpu runs at 2900mhz boost clock Daily. So all my game runs extremely Well.

Soldato
Amd also gimped Ppt/tdc/edc in recent bios releases so you can’t push enough power into the cpu to achieve the higher sustained clocks like you used to.

Associate
OP
How did u obtain that High clock speed. Cant get more Then +200 clockspeed so Max is 5050mhz. If i Enter 300 the value automaticly changed to 200. At +150 @5ghz it hits Those 1667 and 16000+ multi. Higher Then scores goes Down. At r20 i Got it to 656 singlecore and 6200 multi
As mentioned by me and others before in this thread.
AMD limits Agesa on newer BIOS and Higher CPU clocks is only for E-peen and Brainwashed in thinking higher CPU clocks actually mean anything lol,look at 5800X3D PC Games J/K

I stall have the biggest E-peen in this thread after two years :cry:

Some PC Gaming 5200Mhz clocks,I am sure I posted it already in this thread somewhere.

Associate
As mentioned by me and others before in this thread.
AMD limits Agesa on newer BIOS and Higher CPU clocks is only for E-peen and Brainwashed in thinking higher CPU clocks actually mean anything lol,look at 5800X3D PC Games J/K

I stall have the biggest E-peen in this thread after two years :cry:

Some PC Gaming 5200Mhz clocks,I am sure I posted it already in this thread somewhere.

Remeber though any E-Peen over 11 inches is no longer a E-Peen, its a E-Foot

Soldato
Good day all, A mate of mine is taking my 5800X.
Slight issue, He only has a wraith stealth fitted and needs his PC back for using daily. Whats the best work around to get him working until he buys a better cooler? Eco mode or limiting PPT 120 / TDC 75 / EDC 110?

Associate
Good day all, A mate of mine is taking my 5800X.
Slight issue, He only has a wraith stealth fitted and needs his PC back for using daily. Whats the best work around to get him working until he buys a better cooler? Eco mode or limiting PPT 120 / TDC 75 / EDC 110?
Either one will work.
Or even leave it at stock
AMD Zen 3 are very intelligent about thermal "throttling", dialing back exactly so much performance that it runs under temp limit and no more.
And if you don't like to see 90C CPU temp, most motherboards now have a temperature limit setting in PBO section. Mine is set to 70.

Soldato
Either one will work.
Or even leave it at stock
AMD Zen 3 are very intelligent about thermal "throttling", dialing back exactly so much performance that it runs under temp limit and no more.
And if you don't like to see 90C CPU temp, most motherboards now have a temperature limit setting in PBO section. Mine is set to 70.
Thanks, I've currently got it set to eco 65W mode. I'll maybe bump it up a little but seems fine as is so far. Seems to be sitting around 70 playing Warzone 2 anyway.

Associate
guys can someone clarify something for me because i keep seeing conflicting reports.

in curve optimizer my strongest cores are core 3 and 4
do i put higher negative numbers on the strongest cores e.g -25
or lower negative numbers? e.g -5
thanks

Caporegime
Generally speaking, the better ranked the core the higher it boosts. This often means the less curve optimiser headroom for negative voltage offset. However, this is not always the case. Each core is different. You really just have to figure out the most each core can take whilst being stable at Idle/Light load and then full load like y-cruncher 1-7-0. Most times though, your two best cores on CCD0 are often the ones with the least curve optimiser negative offset. I've also seen some samples that had 0 negative offset on some cores of CCD1 so ymmv.

Last edited:
Associate
cheers matt thats helped me understand abit more.
well on my 5700x in bios its on pbo override so the boost rate is capped at 4841mhz so 200mhz extra then the 4.6 original boost
and my 2 best ranked cores are core 2 and 3 and core 2 so far is on -8 and core 3 i think is on -11
if i use cpu-z at least 1 of those cores hits the 4841 cap
on cinebench r23 on single core runs one core hits the 4841 again but not always stays on 4841

Last edited:
Soldato
quite a few people on reddit have said to do the opposite its so confusing lol
Don’t trust Reddit.

That’s why you always get a good % of people vote for the wrong answer when you see “who wants to be a millionaire” putting the question to the audience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom