• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Associate
AMD 5800X AMD Curve Optimizer Boost set to 5050Mhz for all cores and good temperatures when PC gaming. So basically when all things are good thermal,electrical ETC all cores have the ability to boost up to 5050Mhz.

Precision Boost Overdrive 2 AMD Links
1. https://postimg.cc/4nLFm1qc
2. https://postimg.cc/68RHbx3V
3. https://postimg.cc/B8Bms52X
4. https://postimg.cc/0r2Bk4Wx
5. https://postimg.cc/hfNy0tSP
6. https://postimg.cc/06sVLXMT
7. https://postimg.cc/Xpr1FC6z

offset VF curve voltage chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QvVSKyfD4DQghgUHb46-VIIzl3BQvX-hYt0D4/pubhtml

Timestamp and BIOS settings

Cinebench -Single core 653 - 0:01

The Dark Pictures Anthology LittleHope - 0:23

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 0:37

Metro Exodus - 0:48

Full CinebenchR23 Run for those interested,test lasted like 30 minutes
Single core - 1663
Multi Score - 15538
Idle temperatures- 29°C
Full AVX load -79.8°C

Full Cinebench20 Run for those interested

Single core 656

Multi Score - 6179

Idle temperatures- 29°C

Full AVX load -76.5°C

My AMD Curve Optimizer per core

Last edited:
Associate
OP
very nice, what cooling setup do you have?

Cheapest Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB AIO Paid 50 Canadian so 30£

Isn't it just +200 MHz additional boost setting?
Or did you need to use curve optimizer for a weaker Core 5?

Anyhow, this is what 5800X needed to be the best gaming cpu

The AMD Curve Optimizer can sustain the boost for longer time,where PBO can not all by itself.
On the MSI boards you can go up to 500Mhz and I have seen my 5800X hitting 5200Mhz with adjusting the PBO settings that last for a half second boost .

Also on Core 5,it is weaker so that is why I set like I did but it can run stable 5050Mhz just no higher on that core 5

Associate
OP
Well I do not know much about it and I do not think many people know much either. It a voltage curve and setting negative I assume it shaves a little off CPU voltage ,not much though. If you set your curve up you can add more voltage over the default 1.5v and maybe tap out max I think is 1.55v. I just set it for stability and for my 5800X.

Associate
OP
Is this app inside ryzen master ? I'm on x570 aurous master and going to start fine tuning the system got another 16gb of ddr 4400 ram coming today and it will be on water come weekend never used a ryzen system so need qll the help I can get lol

It is in the BIOS and part of the new stuff. Which is going to be fun with AMD CPU 5xxx and GPU 6xxx .Screen shots first post and you can check out the name.

Associate
OP
Very impressive!! what method did you use to figure out that core #5 was weaker than the rest? How did you determine?
Well testing PBO out it was the lowest boost CPU core and it never went above the 5050Mhz,so I went with that.Also if you setting the settings positive or negative to high,you will not boot and I just figure 5050Mhz was good enough,it really does not make a difference in performance . I just like the bigger number.

What is curve optimiser? Is that what the new zen3 cpu has or a MSI bios thingy
Curve Optimizer. This feature enables frequency adjustment for each core in the processor without restrictions in BIOS. Not in Ryzen master yet or it could be I did not look. I can not explain it features cause I really do not know.I suspect in the next few weeks there will be a bunch of information.

I wonder how fast I will be able to get it clocked on air
I am using a 30£ CPU cooler and seen PBO boost up to 5200Mhz on my 5800X.Hence half decent air cooler will be the exact same.

Impressive. I’m thinking of building a master race gaming PC around 5000 chip.

I’m thinking a tuned 5800X, 4x8Gb of 2Rx8 and a 6900XT might be the most glorious route.
I play 4k PC games so ram or CPU does not make a difference at all. You bet your behind though I am getting a 6800X for the extra performance AMD gonna give with the new tools.Bye Bye RTX 3080 you were fun but now your just a dirty used girl to me.:eek:

Associate
OP
Im thinking of getting a Samsung G9 to bathe in maximum 250hz WRGB glory while having my toes warmed by crossfire 6900XT’s :p

I’m thinking the extra GPU performance of the 6900XT along with boost from the Infinity cache of the all AMD system might show some gains at 5120x1440. Another option is the CHG90 at a console peasant 3840x1080 resolution.
Sounds like an awesome setup.I used to love Crossfire/SLI but gave up on it,running three top of the line GPU's and getting bad FPS got tired after years of doing it. I switched to LG 65" OLED for all my PC gaming now ,took some getting use to over sitting in front of a monitor but it is ok now.I been using a controller in one form or another for 40 years and I still can not use the controller.

I have the same motherboard, just waiting for my 5900X to arrive and hopefully I can try to get the same results, although I suspect the 12 core chip won't boost as well

I'm also super keen for 6800XT for the SAM but I'm concerned that it's gonna be worse than RTX 3080 for Cyberpunk with RayTracing on!
Nah you will be good,like I mentioned I seen up to 5200Mhz you should be no different.

Associate
OP
Very interesting, thanks. What scale is the magnitude? Does 15 represent 0.15 v or 15%?
Sorry I do not know and I did quick google search and not much information on the AMD Curve Optimizer.
I know it is a voltage curve,you can set it to have better sustained boost clocks. It has set limit for AMD 5000 CPU's so 200Mhz over normal boost clock on CPU. 5800X boost to 4850Mhz + 200Mhz= 5050Mhz.

Setting PBO boost can net higher CPU clocks but not sustained like with AMD Curve Optimizer.
I am fine with up to 5050Mhz while PC gaming.The actual clock speed really does not make a difference in performance but if you like seeing over 5000Mhz then it works.

Associate
OP
AMD Curve Optimizer?

Is this a software thing or an Agesa thing? Available to the 3000 series?
BIOS thing in overclocking section check screen shot first post.
I should add and i know you know but it will get better with newer agesa release coming

Great Find. Attached to a reddit post i started about another post in here! Great Performance. AMD left us a great gift to play with!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jrsz7x/pbo_curve_optimiser_ocuk_forums_5800x_boost_set/
Thanks I check out the thread.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It is an AMD feature, now what I can not tell you all the motherboards that have it. You have to check AMD list of motherboards. It just may be AMD does not want it released yet on every motherboard but there are different links in this thread that have different motherboards listed.

Set CPU up to 5000Mhz and I see a lot of 5000Mhz but I did set locked 60FPS
AMD 5800X 5000Mhz RTX 3080 4K HDR 60 FPS Assassin's Creed Valhalla

@Vogon
Just spreading the love :p

Full Cinebench20 Run for those interested

Single core 652

Multi Score - 6136

Idle temperatures- 29°C

Full AVX load -77°C

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Set PBO disabled in Advanced CPU Configuration .You will get a save message.
Then set AMD curve optimizer ,you will not get a save message but that is how it works.
You are correct with your post.

Associate
OP
Awesome ,I have been doing 5200Mhz all cores but getting some of the famous whea errors at 5200Mhz. 5100Mhz no errors have yet to try 5150Mhz

Cinebench full run 5100mhz

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I degraded at stock cores and just the RAM/IF overclocked.
Anything is possible,there are always bad CPU's.For instance my 3800XT I had to return it because it would crash at idle/desktop/youtube no load and very common problem. I have not had any reduction across any Ryzen CPU I owned and in a matter of fact with BIOS updates they only gotten better.

Associate
OP
Glad you had success, Well it is a benchmark ,so I do not see the difference you see between scores . there pretty much identical.If you did all core overclock alone you would get higher multi lower single.There are settings in BIOS you can change.
AS far as idle clocks go,you can change your power plan,if you want lower idle clocks.

You can set whatever you want and check stability for higher scores even if that is what you want. First off there are two different areas in all BIOS for PBO stuff.

In the AMD overclocking section ,go to PBO and set your AMD curve optimizer up- this will give you normal boost clock EG:5800X boost to 4850Mhz
In this section you can add up to 200Mhz it is the same for all motherboards EG: 4850Mhz+200Mhz=5050Mhz

If you want higher CPU boost clocks then you need to goto the second area for PBO settings
Advanced CPU Configuration set your PBO boost higher than 200Mhz like in the first section on MSI motherboards you can go as high as 500Mhz

To get 5100Mhz then set PBO here to 250Mhz
So 4850Mhz+250Mhz= 5100Mhz
save and test.

I also made a spreadsheet with how much voltage offset there is with a setting in BIOS so you can use that for high scores with more voltage and clocks..Now I did not do every setting ,that would be impossible. going 1/2/3/4/ at +- anyway enjoy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QvVSKyfD4DQghgUHb46-VIIzl3BQvX-hYt0D4/pubhtml

Associate
OP
Mine refuses to run or stay stable at ANYTHING over +50Mhz Boost. Even with identical settings. So it seems not all chips can do this unless I'm missing something..
Yes you are missing something. All AMD Ryzen CPU's are smart and they work a little different.My settings can be copied as a guide. You know this is overclocking a CPU they behave different. You need to find your setting. Out of the box the 5800X boost to 4850Mhz .SO if you copied my settings ,which is negative by the way ,so your CPU may not get enough voltage so use my chart
VF-curve test offset per core pick a voltage and start clocking. If you want a magic overclock AMD already does that for you.

I don't yet. Is that 1.5v what it's using when hitting max boost clock? Just getting an idea of how much vcore ryzen uses. Guessing a fair bit for higher clocks hence temp issues when using dark hero with DOS.
Well it has been explained many time on how AMD works but this is it in a nutshell.
When all things are good to keep the electrical, thermal, and/or utilization headroom under control and within safe parameters will have a higher sustained boost clock. So light loads high boost,heavy loads low boost adjust your setting to accommodate your CPU cooler. My CPU cooler I Paid 50 Canadian so 30£ and look at my temperatures there not bad at all,do people have higher temperatures yes and there are probably reason why ,from crap cpu to bad cooling.

Back
Top Bottom