• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x to 5800x3D?

Amazing if those £130 5700X3D's are legit, especially considering I sold my 5700X used for £130 on the Bay (during a 0 fee period) a few months ago.

Personally I suspect those cheap Chinese X3D's are as likely to be as genuine as this is an iPhone 15 Pro.

qO34sOU.jpeg

You can look at the feedback and reviews posted from others

Had a look. Reviews are like "good processor", "happy with performance", "the delivery was appropriately fast"

Most detailed review for a 5700X3D I could see on the site was:

"The packaging is a bit anxious, but it came well and hwinfo see PbO2 apply CPU voltage-0.5 well-operated game performance is good but before 5700x clock I am glad to buy it at a good price."

Hardly reassuring it's a real 5700X3D.

Amazing if those £130 5700X3D's are legit, especially considering I sold my 5700X used for £130 on the Bay (during a 0 fee period) a few months ago.

Personally I suspect those cheap Chinese X3D's are as likely to be as genuine as this is an iPhone 15 Pro.

Had a look. Reviews are like "good processor", "happy with performance", "the delivery was appropriately fast"

"The packaging is a bit anxious, but it came well and hwinfo see PbO2 apply CPU voltage-0.5 well-operated game performance is good but before 5700x clock I am glad to buy it at a good price."

...Have you bought anything from ali before?

A Lenovo phone simcard tray (costing like £1.50) and later I think an LCD screen for a Chinese brand phone (costing a lot more).

Why you ask?
You seem awfully confident that the CPU's are fake or that there must be something wrong with them. I've bought several CPU's, RAM kits and headphones from there and it's always been fine.

The only potential issue I could see is if you had to claim warranty on something beyond the 30 day MBG, CPU's are a fairly safe bet though.

Last edited:

qO34sOU.jpeg

I can find reviews posted with benchmarks , the risk you'll be taking if it goes faulty and how they will handle it

Last edited:
5800x3d appears to be around 4-8% faster than the 5700x3d but 50% more expensive. Both would perform better than the 5800x in gaming.
I have a feeling the 5800x3d is binned better and would benefit from curve optimiser bringing down the temps and maintaining boost speeds but the price difference is just not worth it.

Waiting on a credit card and think I'll order a 5700x3d to replace the 5600x I have.

Back
Top Bottom