<£5k Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Cheap cars are a misnomer on AT these days. It’s free to advertise on Gumtree and FB Marketplace, why would any private seller pay to advertise on AT? Also loads of cars are fired to WBAC etc instead of wasting hours dealing with ‘wots yer bezt price Bruv?’ Endless texts and messages or scam attempts.

Soldato
Cheap cars are a misnomer on AT these days. It’s free to advertise on Gumtree and FB Marketplace, why would any private seller pay to advertise on AT? Also loads of cars are fired to WBAC etc instead of wasting hours dealing with ‘wots yer bezt price Bruv?’ Endless texts and messages or scam attempts.

It's crazy the amount of folk who will spend days texting back and forth asking about a cheap car instead of just coming round to look at it. Hate selling cars these days.

Soldato
OP
My parents are trying to help out, but they don't get it. They've just been to see a fabia (unbeknownst to me).

£4995 for a 2009 1.2 fabia. 2 owners 18k miles. 17s to 60. They think I'm mad for not looking at it. They think I'm being too picky.

Soldato
OP
18k miles 13 Yr old car, 2 old biddy owners. That gearbox and clutch has been grinded more times than Katie Price
And this is what they don't get. They see low miles a hard and fast rule for good condition. Never mind the fact I don't want to spend £4500 on a 1.2 fabia that will be worth 1500 the moment I leave.

Soldato
OP
Did you checkout the Hondas?
Yeah and like everything in this price range, they are horrifically worse than the ad would suggest. All with part history, one with a shattered windscreen, calipers and discs so rusted you'd think them siezed.

Soldato
OP
And then people wonder why they blow £6 to £10k on a brand new lease car. Much less hassle but preferable than throwing £6k to £10k down on a heap.
This. It's catch 22. By buying into leases, we're enabling this rent and never own society, but it's so much less faff and stress loosing x amount over the years leasing a new car than it is footing the bills in depreciation and repairs keeping a car going through the years. I'm sure there's some magic middle ground but I'm not smart enough to work out the perfect way to run a nice car haha.

Soldato
Didn't matter what research I did I always ended up with lemons.

Haven't owned a car for almost 2 years now but circumstances have now changed and I will need a car. Its impossible to find something I'm not gonna end up regretting either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom