<£5k Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Typically, a friend at work will be selling her 63 plate 2L Diesel focus with 60k on it soon for ~£4800. I would have snapped that up if I knew for sure she had it available now. It'll be two weeks :(

Soldato
The secret to buying a bargain is to buy what nobody else wants
I usually go the anti snobbery route and throughly enjoyed my 2005 £13,500 Octavia vRS. (Back in the day when Skoda was a ‘joke’ and was scoffed at on these forums.)
I’m currently enjoying a delightful 2016 Citroen Berlingo multi space which is far less performance orientated than the Skoda but I honestly now couldn’t imagine being without one.
The car that I think is worth a look if I was in your situation is the fiat panda.
You will get a 2015 model with low miles for your budget. They also seem to have great interior space.
Beggars can’t be choosers.

Last edited:
Soldato
You found a car yet? I live near Alyns and his cars are pretty honest even though they are mostly listed as "fair" price on AT. If it was me I'd get that ex-motability Focus as it should hold it's value well even though it was probably only used for the weekly shopping trip by it's previous owner.

Motability means nothing these days, it's just an old hanger on from the Invacar days where folk think they have had a tonne load of adaptations made to them.

Underboss
About to put a deposit down on that i30. The lacquer is peeling all over it but it drove well enough and the interior is in good nick. I have to remind myself it's only for 6-12 months before I can start thinking about a car I want, which is where I'd start looking at newer or new cars on PCP/PCH.

hope you didn't put a deposit down on that
you wont get your money back in 6 months if the lacquer is peeling off, nobody will want to buy it

it says its been really well looked after, but does not mention lacquer peeling, so if there is peeling, its not been looked after ?

Soldato
OP
I've just messaged to say I would, but I haven't yet
Might be hard to shift a car with lots of lacquer peel?

Did you rule out the black Seat posted earlier?
Simply haven't got time to look at several. I'm having to strategically pick ones, because even finishing at 4PM I'm not having enough time to get to garages and test drive one. My car goes back tomorrow.

Soldato
I'm guessing you would if you could but can't you take half a day off work or something? Seems like a crazy position to be in. Once your car goes back then use a taxi?

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing you would if you could but can't you take half a day off work or something? Seems like a crazy position to be in. Once your car goes back then use a taxi?
Not possible. It's a combination of a load of factors. I have 20 days of holiday that I couldn't take so I've already had it confirmed with payroll that I'm being paid for that amount. I cannot take annual leave now. I've just messaged that dealer to cancel, as you're right. WBAC values it at £1040 now and that's before the paint damage.

Don
Could you not buy a car from a dealer who will deliver it?

e.g.
Astra
"HOME DELIVERY AVAILABLE, RING FOR DETAILS"

Hyundai i10
" nationwide home delivery available"

Fiesta
"Nationwide delivery available."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom