• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT

Soldato
Did anyone else notice some went up for sale elsewhere today?

I didn't receive any alerts, Did anyone else?

Forgot to add but Yes I did get a discord alert and the first Red Devil LE was in my basked, got delayed a few seconds with a Captcha, went to pay by PP and they even debited the money. But someone else snagged it. Got a refund instantly.
Then went back to that same place, with no notification but just for a look, and they had another listed. So grabbed it and it is due today.

The strange thing is if I go back to the Discord section for the 6800XT there is no notification anymore for the first card. If it hadn't have been there then I would not have got the second. Can't explain that.

Soldato
Welcome to a whole new era of shopping, long may it not last.
I'm hoping to forget about the price, one day, but I'll still have the card.

As mentioned before I reckon that AIB cards never had a chance to hit MSRP. Add to that a whole load more variables as to where we are and that's the price it is.

Associate
Nah, I understand that AIBs can add a bit to their pricing since they have premium cooling and stuff, but I don't expect this amount to exceed £100 at most. When you have 6800 non XT offered for £850 or even £1k from reputable shops, that is the problem ;) However people still buy them for those prices, which is a bigger problem

Associate
Yeah it's looking that way. I will go to £700 for a 6800 especially as it appears I can get around £300 for my vega 56 but I refuse to pay any more than that. I guess we will see what is on offer around Feb/March

Vega56's are going for £300??

To be honest, i paid £600 for my 6800 and its worth every penny. £700 may be a bit steep but if you're willing to pay it you wont be disappointed with the performance.

Associate
Vega56's are going for £300??

To be honest, i paid £600 for my 6800 and its worth every penny. £700 may be a bit steep but if you're willing to pay it you wont be disappointed with the performance.

Yeah so it seems on that auction site (completed listings) so if I can get a decent 6800 for just under £700 I will be happy
would like a Sapphire Pulse but I hardly have a choice at the moment.

Associate
Its another Radeon VII launch. No stock with massive inflated that are nowhere close to MSRP other than on AMDs website.

Which is always out of stock.

Weird as I got a Radeon 7 on luanch day for rrp so did my friend from work both from OCUK. This release is a lot worse than the R7 release.

Seeing the prices listed for the cards that OP referenced I am feeling less upset about the £799 I paid for the saphhire 6800xt Nitro+ I manage to get hold of just before Christmas.

Pet Northerner
Don
What's your thoughts on both, I've been eyeing up the 6800XTs but haven't seen anyone that's used that and the 3080?

Only got the 3080 yesterday and unfortunately work got in the way of getting it in before the evening. First impressions of both cards (both FE equiv) that they are solid and well made.

running a quick time spy had the 3080 a smidge slower on ultrawide (3440 x 1440) but when I test RT today on crytec it’ll go the other way by a bigger margin.

Being used to AMDs software it took me a little getting used to GeForce experience and so far I prefer AMDs software and tuning suite. Since I didn’t need msi afterburner.

I’m going to play with msi afterburner so I can see what the fans are doing under load and power draw. The 6800xt is phenomenal in this regard, especially coming from a vega64. Under normal nine-game usage it’s zero rpm and playing most games the fans never go over 900 rpm because I lock the FPS to the 75hz refresh rate of the monitor. this kept the temps under 80 on the hotspot, which used to be 100 on the vega with over 2k rpms.

Initial impression of the 3080 when playing some pubg was that the card was at about 50% utilisation when locking frames. So I imagine it’ll be similar, but I’ll update you once I’ve been able to test further.

If anyone wants some comparison stuff doing I can arrange that as the wife now has the 6800xt to upgrade her 5700xt and the rest of our systems are comparable.

so far I’d say both cards are fine and people would be happy with both for rasterisation. If you want the broadcast stuff and RT I’d say the 3080 is better. If you’re only after max rasterisation frames under 4K then the 6800xt pulls ahead here

Back
Top Bottom