7/16" tubing very loose on 1/2" barbs?? Urgent help please

Soldato
OP
If you are reluctant to remove the rad then give it a go where it is.
Until you actually try out your setup you will never know what temperatures you have.

I have sent you a little more info also

Thanks mate, you've been nothing but helpful :)

Tbh, I've spent a lot of money on the build, I can't just keep spending more and more and more, that's why atm I just want to get it done as it is. The limits of being a child eh? :(

Associate
I am more than happy to help if I can.

I understand what you said (not about the child, as that was a long time ago for me) but spending the monies.

I have found that when I start a new project the costs just escalate until Mrs Piggin takes the credit card away.

I think the best thing is to make your system safe, leak free & give it a go.
If the temperatures are high you can always make alterations later.
Plus with Christmas just around the corner, ALL us little boys can have more toys ;)
(I am looking forward to December already) :)

Soldato
OP
I see what you're saying, the priority is to make the watercooling system stable and operational first.

I don't celebrate christmas that much though. And I'm going to a UB40 concert in a couple of weeks. That's basically my christmas present :p

Man of Honour
#1 There is a good reason you are advised to leak test your loop outside the case.
#2 Read back over the thread there are some very good reccomendations that you should seriously think about
#3 Don't get disheartened, its supposed to be fun :D

Associate
I see what you're saying, the priority is to make the watercooling system stable and operational first.
Definitely

I don't celebrate christmas that much though. And I'm going to a UB40 concert in a couple of weeks. That's basically my christmas present :p
Even if you don not celebrate christmas, it sounds like you are going to have a good time.

Just showing my age now but I remember UB40 when they first released their songs & not as a retro band :p

Soldato
OP
#1 There is a good reason you are advised to leak test your loop outside the case.
#2 Read back over the thread there are some very good reccomendations that you should seriously think about
#3 Don't get disheartened, its supposed to be fun :D

Yes, however, there's been different bits of advice, so I'm following some of the advice and seeing where it takes me.

It is supposed to be fun, but so much stuff has nearly gone wrong. I won't bore you with a list but it involves me having to drill through my gpu.

Definitely

Even if you don not celebrate christmas, it sounds like you are going to have a good time.

Just showing my age now but I remember UB40 when they first released their songs & not as a retro band :p

Well, they're not really a retro band. Songs like 1 in 10 are still relevant today.

Associate
Just read the lyrics for 1 in 10

I just hope you are not as depressed as the song.
Everyone has teenage angst, you should see my niece with a guitar (I think I am turning into an agony uncle) :eek:

Man of Honour
It is supposed to be fun, but so much stuff has nearly gone wrong. I won't bore you with a list but it involves me having to drill through my gpu.

Heh I know all about your trials I follow most peoples build logs on here :) Keep your chin up, if it helps you could pull your entire loop out of the case, put the air coolers back on and play games for an evening while you leak test your loop :)

After a while you will get used to tearing down your loop and you will find fast ways of doing it without getting your entire system wet. So don't lose hope.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, really means a lot, it genuinely does :)
Especially with people like my parents on my case telling me it'll fail :rolleyes:
I could get some help from my uncle, he builds a lot of PCs too, but he's never watercooled before.

Associate
Hi.
To start with
1, you need to take out all your water cooling
2, you need to look again at where you have placed things, you may have to relocate bits to get the rad in, to get the best cooling of the system without adding hot air to the case.
3, you need to change some of your fittings and I would change the tube to say Masterkleer of the right size
4, When you have the system re installed and all tubed up, take it all out without removing the tubes and run it on the bench for 24 hours , if you split the system when you take it out you will not know if the fittings you split will leek when you put it back
5, Fit a drain tee so you can drain without splitting tubes from fittings.

I know a bit blunt but to the point

Alan

Soldato
Dont get down hearted, everyone who has watercooled has had something go wrong, the first time i added a GPU i ended up getting a bit wet by not realising about water pressure...i took a tube off of one side and was surprised when water came out of both holes!!!

As everyone is saying its supposed to be fun, you have all the components you need now so its just the matter of putting them in position and linking them up.

Just realised you had an armoursuit case!!! there's a lot of possibility's to consider if you are brave enough to try some case modding (perhaps not this time but definitely next)

Good luck mate,
get the tubing right (no kinks, as short as possible but looking clean).

cable tie or jubilee clip all connections.

then test with just the pump on (jump start the PSU) this can be done in position just wrap all joints with kitchen towel.

Just dont get impatient, if the system isnt 100% water tight dont power up the other components, its better to wait a day than have something go bang. (i have run a system with a little leak for a couple of weeks only to find a big puddle under the motherboard when i went to rebuild later).

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
if your parents are telling you its fail, prove them wrong,

dont rush it. just get it sorted slowly and when its working you can look smug :)

Back
Top Bottom