• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£700 help

Soldato
A lot of choice.

SLI/Crossfire will provide the best performance. I would be tempted to get two 290's (aftermarket coolers though...)

SLI 780 is also very good. I would take either over a 780Ti, unless you want a single card of course.

Soldato
You running more than one monitor? If only one monitor what resolution are you running at?

You a bencher or a gamer?

What games you play?

If you are only one monitor at 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 then one card will be enough. Unless you have a 120/144hz monitor

Higher resolutions such as 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 you'll benefit greatly from xfire or SLi to turn everything on at those resolutions.

Games - If you play a lot of one game such as BF4 then you may benefit from AMD cards as Mantle is around the corner. The jury is still out on what this will bring though.

If you want Xfire with R series AMD cards then you'll need a case with good cooling.

Then there is G-Sync from Nvidia for Nvidia cards, where the card syncs the refresh rate on the monitor to the frame output rate from the card for very smooth gameplay. - this is new and requires a new monitor though these will become cheaper for a future upgrade.

AMD have rumoured a similar solution but so far we have only seen it on laptop displays so again you may have to wait.

Unless you money is burning a hole in your pocket I'd wait until the Mantle release in BF4 "somewhen" this month and see what 'real' gains they bring. Especially if you are a BF4 player.

WIsh I had £700 to psend on GPU/s - well gel!

Caporegime
Soldato
And it will be the first tier of 20nm which allways has its kinks and problems which later gets fixed with its tier two with increased speeds etc.

Back
Top Bottom