£70k for a Sierra you say????

Man of Honour
Bit steep, looks like its still in good shape and fairly well looked after and some people do have a bit of a softspot for them and would probably pay in the region of 20-30 grand for a good one...

EDIT: I can kinda see his perspective tho it is quite a special car for people into those cars and must be quite heart breaking to part with.

Last edited:
Associate
There are a few RS500's around the 35-40k mark. They are only increasing in value, but I think 75k is a little steep for this one. I would expect an out of the box wrapper fresh for 75k.

Soldato
And i still don't think they are worth that.

Personally I'll have the arguably just as classic but eaily attainable for 10k impreza p1.
Better car too.
All RS fords are 50 % hype tbh.

Soldato
As with everything it's worth what someone's prepared to pay. Genuine unmolested RS500's are rare as rocking horse poo. If he's over valued it, it won't sell, but he's entitled to put whatever price on it he wants.

Soldato
Lol, he updated his ebay saying hes been made a offer in excess of 60k... And he hasnt taken this?!

One just like this near where i live. If you stand too close to the road the turbo will suck you in! lol Amazing stuff. but for 75k id like a car with aircon...

Soldato
And i still don't think they are worth that.

Personally I'll have the arguably just as classic but eaily attainable for 10k impreza p1.
Better car too.
All RS fords are 50 % hype tbh.

Completely disagree with you there. As good as the impreza p1 is, it's motorsport pedigree does not compare to the rs500, which is what makes it a classic.

Soldato
It's impossible to value cars like these as it's worth only what someone will pay for it. I see no harm in advertising it for £75k and then taking offers. We all know that £75k is ridiculous but where do you start in this situation? Maybe he advertises it for £75k and receives a bid for £40k? I imagine that would be a result unless he paid silly money to start with as a poor investment.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
To me that is one seriously special car, Number 499 of 500 made, only 23 in that colour ever made, only 23k miles, totally original & it was & still is an Epic road car.

75k though ? If I won the lottery I'd pay whatever it took to add that to my collection.

Man of Honour
It's impossible to value cars like these as it's worth only what someone will pay for it. I see no harm in advertising it for £75k and then taking offers. We all know that £75k is ridiculous but where do you start in this situation? Maybe he advertises it for £75k and receives a bid for £40k? I imagine that would be a result unless he paid silly money to start with as a poor investment.

He states in the advert that he's already received a couple of serious offers in excess of £60k and they weren't high enough to secure it.

Even if I had the money I doubt I'd spend it on that particular car, special though it is with the history of the RS500 and the performance I'm not a fanatic about the RS500s therefore it could never be worth that much for me. The main point being that you've got to be especially keen on that particular car for it to make any kind of sense, it's probably not an investment as say an old Ferrari might be but if you're an enthusiast and you feel you've just got to own one then maybe £75k is a price you'd be willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom