• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

Associate
dpd are a bit slow here for pickups..... ocuk should have my last chip this afternoon and be able to to refund so that I can move on lol

I think I placed my original order on the 7th and I'm still chipless lol

Permabanned
dpd are a bit slow here for pickups..... ocuk should have my last chip this afternoon and be able to to refund so that I can move on lol

Are you going for another 7700k? I suppose you already have the motherboard for it which a shame as I would have thought the upcoming 6core Ryzen chips or a 1700 would have been a smarter choice. No need to delid either ;)

Associate
Getting another 7700k when I get my refund .... did originally have a 1800x ordered but after seeing benches in the gaming I give it a miss.

Have you seen how much the benches are improving each week with bios updates etc? Ashes just got an AMD optimization patch and is seeing up to 31% gains.

Associate
Will wait now till at least ryzen 2.... I will bet that's going to be amazing all round.... really do want to ditch intel but I wasn't willing to gamble 1000 quid this time.

Soldato
I got a 5.1 bin late last week, supposed to be stable 1.325v but I've been to 1.37 and it falls over after about 20 mins of non-avx stress testing it just gets too hot core #1 is 15*c hotter than the coldest and about 10*c hotter than the rest. Remounted cooler 5 times (monoblock so pure pain) each time the same. Trying to sort RMA today. Could be avoided if Intel weren't such cheapskates and soldered the IHS.

Permabanned
Getting another 7700k when I get my refund .... did originally have a 1800x ordered but after seeing benches in the gaming I give it a miss.

Fair enough it's your choice just seems a bit strange for anyone wanting to buy an Intel CPU at the minute. As others have said their have been quite a bit of improvement recently when it comes to gaming, with the 7700k lead being cut by quite a bit to levels that you would never notice but with much better minimums. The R5 lineup will be out very soon and for £200-300 it will significantly reduce the value of any Intel quad core chip essentially making 4 core more redundant going forward.

Associate
I cancelled my amd system on ryzen release day based on the information at hand and ordered a Intel system.

at that point it sounded like all same rubbish they said about bulldozer... I'm sure a lot of people will switch over when ryzen matures myself included

Today I got my retail 7700k... my temps are better than delided ones I have got from here.

Associate
You planning on deliding your new one or just going to leave it as is?

I will delid it after a good testing ...Turns out a mate of mine has a proper delid tool and silicone I can use so only need some silver TIM :)

Idle right now with my case fans on half speed im seeing 28c-29c cores .......prime in none AVX about 70 ....in AVX prime 80.
thats much the same as the first chip I got from here.

Associate
Are you comparing your new CPU @ stock with a delidded @ stock ? If so, the delidded CPU should have been a fair bit cooler under a similar load.

Anyway, please let us know what overclock you get out of the new CPU and how the delid goes.

Back
Top Bottom