• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 Crossfire vs 680 SLI at 5760*1080 (Eyefinity/Surround)

Associate
1.22 but that was way, way higher than needed. It was just because I couldn't be arsed for it to crash out :D.

Hehe sounds like me when I got the card just through random high voltage at it so it won't crash xD . I can never trust furmark/ kombuster I run stable on these for hours on end then once I play bf3 it crashes / artifacts within the first 20 mins lol

Soldato
^Geo, don't use furmark/kombuster, it will destroy your gpu, it might be fine at first, but over time it will quicken degradation.

Not really bothered about temperatures for benching as I'll open the window anyway :D.

Install HWinfo, go to the sensors option and configure the vrms(2 of them) to show up in AB(select Riva Tuner), use the OSD in AB to monitor your vrms-it's not selectable in AB, it's automatic.

The vrm temps was the deciding factor in my search for stable oc's, once the vrm temps start rising, artifacting kicks in no matter if the core never went above 70c.

As the stock voltage is different between cards(Asics usually give an indication), the determined temp for instability I presume will be different, but I could be wrong.

For the clocks to kick in, have you done Matt's fix?

Or disabling ulps(His tool has tick box) should enable both clocks, but could stop the second fan spin down.:(

p.s 'Roxanne' is now bouncing about in my head after reading about your flexi time.:D

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry to go off topic just a very quick question ! Very quick ! Would u guys recommend 3d mark over furmark and kombuster? Thanks!

If so does it do an overall better stress test than the other two?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
One card I've got a feel for. Need to do the same for the other.

Can't seem to get the unlocked limits working for both cards though in MSI AB.

Also getting some BSODs which only appeared in Crossfire. Potential issue my end.

Back
Top Bottom