8 Pack "shower head" watercooling

OcUK Staff
We are working crazy hard on this product now. I dont have exact ETA.

We tuned it all again is why the delay exists..... Perf is even better now and on teh more affordable block too.. This is awesome for the money...

We are now tuning the looks..... I have to say looking pretty good now.

Permabanned
We are working crazy hard on this product now. I dont have exact ETA.

We tuned it all again is why the delay exists..... Perf is even better now and on teh more affordable block too.. This is awesome for the money...

We are now tuning the looks..... I have to say looking pretty good now.
loged in to check whats the news with block... Good news I see.

OcUK Staff
^^^ You are wrong!! But thanks for the interesting uneducated incite!!! This forum......

So visuals on the blocks are almost done. We are machining a final set of samples on the aesthetic side of things. Especially the GPU block has taken a lot of revising ...... We are aiming for before xmas on all this stuff....

Associate
So visuals on the blocks are almost done. We are machining a final set of samples on the aesthetic side of things. Especially the GPU block has taken a lot of revising ...... We are aiming for before xmas on all this stuff....

Hey @8 Pack,
So about those showerheads - will I be able to use one of these showerheads on a delidded i9-9900K? And also are you going to be making any GPU waterblocks (sold separately from pre-built systems)?

I am thinking of pairing one of these "shower heads" with a MORA 3 external rad :D so since you were talking about pumps in the GN video (or was it KitGuru vid, i can't remember), I will most likely get it, although I've been considering the Koolance PMP600 Pump, since it has a really high head pressure.

OcUK Staff
We are now looking at pumps and rads. Which will be optimised for our entire solution. Baseline was to get the blocks beating the rest with standard watercooling components people may already own before optimising.

GPU block will be available for 2080, 2080 Ti on launch.

Soldato
Really don't get all the negativity 8 pack gets when he does interviews etc... he may not be 100% comfortable in front of a camera but give him a break.

Soldato
hope theres no Nickle plating - I know in PC watercooling terms doesn't make a difference but heat conductivity is worse then aluminum in general terms with copper still topping !

@8 Pack would love to see Copper channeled Radiator with aluminum fins. Copper being best conductor of heat and aluminium dispersing heat better . Though galvanic corrosion would be the issue - worse if someone is in a high chloride atmosphere ... but be nice to see if performance can be gained if somehow compensated for

Soldato
Really don't get all the negativity 8 pack gets when he does interviews etc... he may not be 100% comfortable in front of a camera but give him a break.

He’s not the first (or likely the last) person who needs media training to improve how the message is delivered. Ultimately, only the person themselves can decide if they want to improve their media image. I watched the Gamer’s Nexus interviews with both 8 Pack and der8auer and der8auer comes across significantly better despite having a weaker product to sell and speaking in a foreign language.

That can be fixed though. Ultimately, what’s important is the product. And if the product is good, it will sell, irrespective of how awkward the originator of the message. I give you Bill Gates and Windows as the prime example.

Soldato
Granted he seems a bit nervous on camera but people's nastiness towards him is unwarranted.

Envy is a horrible thing. He’s a very successful guy, and certain people will have a pop because he’s putting himself out there and therefore they feel free to do so. How they’d treat him face to face is entirely different I suspect.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Envy is a horrible thing. He’s a very successful guy, and certain people will have a pop because he’s putting himself out there and therefore they feel free to do so. How they’d treat him face to face is entirely different I suspect.

Erm its hardly envy when its just true.

Having spoken with ian about stuff hes working with in person without the camera there, you get a real feel for the appreciation and depth of his knowledge etc, but watching those videos IS unfortunately painful in comparison to a casual chat with the big fella.

Some people just arent a natural in such situations, maybe it needs to be less "formal" and just set up a few cameras around a workbench in overclockers while hes "doing his thing" and just talking informally, I imagine that would work a lot better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Erm its hardly envy when its just true.

Having spoken with ian about stuff hes working with in person without the camera there, you get a real feel for the appreciation and depth of his knowledge etc, but watching those videos IS unfortunately painful in comparison to a casual chat with the big fella.

Some people just arent a natural in such situations, maybe it needs to be less "formal" and just set up a few cameras around a workbench in overclockers while hes "doing his thing" and just talking informally, I imagine that would work a lot better.

But there is positive criticism and there’s just criticism. Too many people just criticise because they can. And they shouldn’t.

Back
Top Bottom