84 Confirmed dead after another apparent terrorism attack in Nice, France,

Permabanned
Germany to 'boost border controls with France'
Posted at
10:03
Germany will boost border controls at airports as well as road and rail crossings into France after the truck attack in Nice, Reuters has reported the Federal Police as saying.

"In coordination with the French security authorities the federal police are strengthening their control in the area of cross-border traffic into France," the police said in a statement.

Associate
Was there six weeks ago, just shocking. RIP to those murdered and thoughts to the families. If the attackers think they're being rewarded with virgins for doing that, they're either completely deluded or their god is a sick ****.

Associate
Horrible, tragic news.

It appears the driver has been identified and his residence has been searched.

Hopefully they will be able to find some clues to help with prevention of any further attacks.

Caporegime
So do members think our anti terrorism and treason laws needed a Draconian hardening and updating? If so, what suggestions do they have to fight terrorism that the law of the UK currently denies our security forces?

As an aside am I naieve in thinking the upsurge in the ease of communications via cell phones, social media and computer programmes like Skype has given disenfranchised groups a stage and communications link that was not even dreamed of 20 years ago?

Whilst Teresa May is not exactly Clare Lopez, is she going to be a strong leader in supporting the needs of our security services, and will she get the support of parliament if she moots Draconian measures?
I have no doubt we'll be seeing many more draconian measures introduced.

It's definitely fair to say that the upsurge of communications technology has facilitated terrorism, but the problem we often have is that government does not understand technology. The likely outcome is we'll be forcing companies to backdoor their software - on pain of prison without trial - which will only compromise security further, whilst doing nothing whatsoever to curb terrorist communications.

The simplest example is this ridiculous idea that we can backdoor encryption to give governments and security forces access whilst keeping it safe from criminals. This is not possible.

And it's been proven that in the recent terror attacks in France, the communications were in plain text and un-encrypted so these measures would have made no difference at all.

Soldato
Really winds me up when politicians come onto the TV and say things like "I'm really shocked". Really!! Get serious, please!

is anyone really shocked when things like this happen. When you drop bombs on countries, then let them into your borders is there any wonder things like this happen?

Saddened, yes....shocked, no
Really shocked, then proceeds to sympathise with muslims over the victims in the coming days...and the cycle repeats itself.

The majority of muslims are great, but lets get real here - they do **** all to actually condemn attacks like this more than a passing statement. Their community has a cancer in it and their just letting it manifest more and more.

Germany will boost border controls at airports as well as road and rail crossings into France after the truck attack in Nice, Reuters has reported the Federal Police as saying.
Its too late, Merkel let them all in already!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Really shocked, then proceeds to sympathise with muslims over the victims in the coming days...and the cycle repeats itself.

The majority of muslims are great, but lets get real here - they do **** all to actually condemn attacks like this more than a passing statement. Their community has a cancer in it and their just letting it manifest more and more.

Its too late, Merkel let them all in already!

The driver of truck was born in france.

Soldato
But most of the people that have been involved in attacks aren't from Syria or Iraq. They are born in the EU, have lived and been educated in the EU. So just saying "It is the fault of the West for what is happening in the middle east" is taking just as simplistic approach as "It is because they are Muslim".

Do you not think what the west has done in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan plays a massive part in justifying the jihad ?

I doubt they just offer them hobnobs and tea and ask them to blow themselves up.

Permabanned
Listen: French senator says attacks cannot be prevented
Posted at
11:00
French senator Nathalie Goulet says the attacks are a "nightmare" and happened despite Nice being a very secure city.

Ms Goulet, who is chairwoman of the Senate foreign affairs and security committee, said: "The question is: are we able to prevent it. And my answer would be, unfortunately no."

The focus had to be on intelligence because "we cannot put a policeman behind everybody".

Caporegime
Do you not think what the west has done in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan plays a massive part in justifying the jihad ?

I doubt they just offer them hobnobs and tea and ask them to blow themselves up.

Personally no. The history of jihad is that it started in the '90s during the Bosnian conflict. 9/11 was a global call to arms because certain people like OBL had spotted that the west was weak and would have a problem defending itself because the solutions are all unacceptable to current political right-think.

Soldato
Nonsense.

Inb4

'I know ppl because I am a badbuy :cool:

In serious though, it is not that hard to get a gun if you have the spare cash and were a deft hand at searching parts of the net but for the average person who wants a gun, it is not that easy. Gun control does not have to work for everyone to be effective. Even if it prevented the average unhinged person from getting a gun, it can prevent a great deal of horror.

Getting a gun that can lets you shoot down dozens in mere moments though, they are much harder to come by.

Associate
its hard to get automatic weapons in the UK that's for sure, gangs in london have hand guns but you dont get many with ak's if any.

Soldato
Personally no. The history of jihad is that it started in the '90s during the Bosnian conflict. 9/11 was a global call to arms because certain people like OBL had spotted that the west was weak and would have a problem defending itself because the solutions are all unacceptable to current political right-think.

the history of jihad started during the 90's ?
clearly you don't even know what the word means.

besides i was talking about the recruitment tool which ISIS use, which your post had nothing to do with other than the mention of one word i used.

Soldato
Please explain to the average Joe who he needs to speak to acquire an AK47.

Go over to the corner shop, there is a professional there outside which answers to the name of 'fam'. He will be marked out by a packet of pickled onion monster munch and will have a poorly rolled, half smoked joint in his ear (same one he wore last week, its more of an accessory). Speak your request to acquire arms to him and he will supply them for eighth that weighs a sixteenth.

Back
Top Bottom