8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Hey folks wondering if you can help I had been running this CPU since purchase at 4.4 but had to update the BIOS to the latest version and was wondering if there was any way I can flash the bios without getting a new BIOS chip? I tried using the following method but that appears to not work anymore.

http://overclocking.guide/flash-back-older-bios-asus-z170/

Im in a bit of a fix any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had no luck with flashing back mine to any older BIOS version :( , with any software tools I tried, after upgrading to the latest that is. The only solution I found, which worked for me and I could afford at the time, was replacing the BIOS chip with a pre-loaded with the non-k overlock BIOS. I did keep my original chip however, which has come in handy. I was lucky to come across a cheap i5 7600K. So I am on the latest BIOS version and slightly newer CPU.

Associate
I've started to notice my build running more and more like a dog in certain games and couldn't work out why.

Fired up CPU-Z and noticed the overclock had gone. Presuming the worst I booted into BIOS to turn it all on again and was surprised to see it's all working like a dream again. Had expected some automatic update of sorts had killed the options, but not so.

Happy Bizzle :)

Soldato
I've started to notice my build running more and more like a dog in certain games and couldn't work out why.

Fired up CPU-Z and noticed the overclock had gone. Presuming the worst I booted into BIOS to turn it all on again and was surprised to see it's all working like a dream again. Had expected some automatic update of sorts had killed the options, but not so.

Happy Bizzle :)

Isn't the i5 a quadcore, no hyperthreading, though? Quads in modern games aren't that high end anymore. Modern games pulverise quad chips

Back
Top Bottom