8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Ok so i run the HMi test for quite some time and didnt seem to have any problems at all.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!As5vJB5iAL7kgZcrdW-mG_zZGeB8Ew

Associate
8Pack. Overclockers said you can help get an RMA? And get this tested? I have done so many tests I physically can't understand. On the Occt power supply test yesterday it's lasted for 45 mins before it cut out. But sometimes it's instantly as I click start.its very random

Associate
Ah my last post Didnt send.

It is a Antec gold 750watt.i already swapped it out for another one but the same issues. It's not that. '(. I posted a list of my attempted fixes

Associate
Anyone still having BSOD watchdog time out error?

I mostly get it in game but sometimes just web surfing.

I have tried bringing the ram back down but doesn't help.

Would appreciate some help.

Soldato
Morning Gents, a little assistance please.

I've added an additional 8GB ram today, same as the 8 on there, Kingston Fury Black ordered from OC. Turning on, I'm stable in the bios but Windows is crashing "memory management".

Is there something I'm supposed to do in the Bios to stop this, or something I've missed? Bios is displaying all the RAM rnning at 2667

Hi I am about to purchase an additional 8GB for this bundle...did you ever get this sorted?

Soldato
I added another 8GB...worked automatically on boot. The only issue was the RAM slot nearest the CPU cooler is tight. The edge of the is fan is actually pushing down on the last RAM chip.

IMG_20180609_143230.jpg

Associate
Sorry I know this is an old post, but wanted to share some of my experiences with this bundle. This is still my everyday gaming rig. And for a time was used for 12 months of ETH mining (RX480 and RX470). I Ordered and installed this 8-Pack i5 6400 pack in August 2016. Has been through some iterations. But none the less still holding a steady 4.4Ghz clock.

Iterations/changes:
  • My mistake was! Whilst I was troubleshooting an unrelated issue to this post, I updated the originally installed BIOS chip to latest version BIOS from the Asus website.
  • This actually seemed to lock the BIOS chip from being backwards flashed; even with third party flashing software. Either in or out of Windows (Windows PE, Linux, DOS I tried it all). Hence the whole “Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" in the EzFlashing tool and or “write protected” on third party flashing tools.
  • I did look at getting my own EPROM programmer, to force flash the chip. But these were expensive and was not really a viable option for me on a budget. Not to mention getting in to the world of EPROM programming was a learning curve too far.
  • After some research I found an online shop (biosdepot) via eBay who could provide new BIOS DIP chips and flash them with requested BIOS’s. You will need to give them the model/type number and memory size of the chip and your BIOS file. Chip details are printed on the top of the chip, you might need a magnifying glass to see this.
  • I then took out the original chip which is now locked to the latest BIOS (sits in my draw now) and replaced with the one ordered from biosdepot. Had to reset the CMOS, then booted into the BIOS.
  • Reapplied in my case: QFAN, Boot Device, Boot splash settings/times, default video output device and RAID settings.
  • Reapplied the 8-Pack overclock profile for 4.4Ghz overclock. Which loaded in with no issues.
  • My later upgrade was to a “Artic Liquid Freezer 240” cooler, this was purchased from Overclockers. For the price this thing got some great reviews and I have personally not had any issues with it. Temps are between 25C to 30C at idle and 55C to 65C under load. Also note I am running an RX480 and RX470 in crossfire for gaming, all this loaded in to a NZXT Source 340 Midi-Tower Case also purchase from Overclockers.
Known Issues I have bumped in to:
  • Loading fail safe defaults on BIOS 0050 seems to cause a failure to boot in to installed Windows and Windows installation media on my system. I MUST be running the overclock profile for successful boot. Never figured out as to why this is the case.
  • The overclocking profile does seem to interfere with the Intel VT for me. Meaning I am unable to run virtual machines. Not an issue for me as my rig is not used for this.
  • HWMonitor seems to stop updating/refreshing readings when CPU is being stressed. But I have never had issues with cooling any way.
  • Unable to boot in to latest Linux live CD’s (I have tried Ubuntu Gnome and Unity only) as they require latest microcode to be loaded to boot in to the live environment. (Work around would be to swap out the physical BIOS chip, but I am not that desperate).
Any who! Hopefully some one finds this information useful and saves them some headache or man hours. But this overclock is still dowable and manageable.

Associate
Hey folks wondering if you can help I had been running this CPU since purchase at 4.4 but had to update the BIOS to the latest version and was wondering if there was any way I can flash the bios without getting a new BIOS chip? I tried using the following method but that appears to not work anymore.

http://overclocking.guide/flash-back-older-bios-asus-z170/

Im in a bit of a fix any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom