8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Before I reset my bios I run prime95 and furmark both together for an hour and had no problems. My temps are a fine honest go to around 50c max.

When I get home I'm going to redo the bios and cpu clock and show ill send some screen shots. It's not until I play games it crashes out.

I have download a program called occt I believe that's the name and it does a power supply test which makes everything run at 100%.. This also makes it crash.

OcUK Staff
OP
So u ran prime for one hour and firmark and your issue is stability. Are u sure some other component is not the issue here?? Because prime and firmark together is a big cpu, pci ex and cache load.

Try hci mem test. Maybe memory issue.

Associate
This is what's confusing.. I ran the windows memory test also and it passed. I also swapped out the ram and changed the slots..i have now replaced every part expect the cpu or motherboard.

Associate
I have tried to reset the bios back to default yes :(

I have tried..
Reinstall windows 10
- Reinstall windows 10 onto a new hard drive
- Swap out my Graphics Card
- Change the PSU
- Change the Ram and the slots used
- Disabling the Overclock on the CPU
- Updating the Asus Bios Automatically via the bios
- Unplugging all hardware

Associate
If it' hardware I think you should ask ocuk what your warranty is if there is any. And let 8pack have a look at it.

or click on 8packs name and start a conversation with him asking if be has time to help.

Associate
Install was fresh from a Usb. never had any problems with mine or my family's pc. He has replied to this thread already see what he recommends. I have been building pc's since i was 9 years old. im now nearly 26. and i still cant figure this problem :(

Associate
Yh ill give it a try but i already done the windows one. and everything passed.

It literally instant power off , as if someone switched the switch on the psu.

Associate
ur not using extension cables for it new psu to mobo? if u are I suppse u cud try connecting without extension to make sure non of the cables are faulty. with it shutting off says thermal overload protection

Associate
I have 1 Extension cable running that powers everything. but im not sure thats the issue. my brother had his pc plugged in here the other day and was running fine. Im now also running a Gaming latop for the time being and that seems to be fine also. :\

Back
Top Bottom