90's

American Pie!

That movie came out at the perfect time for me, I was just starting 6th form at the time, spending my time out with my friends, first serious serious boyfriend (I married him last year). I will always remind me of that time of my life and will look back at it with nothing but fond memories.

LOL. Found it (been searching for last half hour)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_and_Angelo

:eek:Looks like that one belongs in the past tbh:D

Haha nice. For some reason every year or so I get reminded about this show, not sure why :p.

Long shot, but does anyone remember a kids' show on ITV about this alien spacecraft/pod that these two kids found? They would fly around in invisible mode doing all kinds of stuff - I seem to remember it could only be invisible for so long so it was always a race against time.

I tried to find out the name of it a couple of years back but failed :(.

Do you remember what channel it was on?

Also you've triggered my memory about another awesome kids show!
Bernard's Watch :D Always imagined what I'd do if I had that watch ;)

Pretty sure it was ITV.

I did think of Bernard's Watch too when I was typing it up, I still want that watch :o.

Definately collected Premier League stickers, and revived the habit last year aswell! It cheapens the experience when you have the money to go out and buy 5 packs at a time! As a kid I just used to get 2 a week!

Yoyos and tamigotchis were HUGE though.

Pretty sure it was ITV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programmes_broadcast_by_CITV

Well its bound to be in there if it was broadcast on that channel, not that you don't know how to use Wikipedia but it'll spring to mind if you see it :)

Seen so many shows on that list as well. Biker Mice From Mars, Budgie The Little Helicopter, Conan The Barbarian. Another couple of great kids show I remember is The Demon Headmaster, The Animals Of Farthing Wood.

Maybe it's because I'm older now but I think kids TV is a lot lot worse then the stuff I grew up watching, our **** was awesome :D

90's internet anyone? I still get excited when I hear this sound because it usually meant I was logging on for a night of Quake2.

Oh and...

Last edited:
Haha nice. For some reason every year or so I get reminded about this show, not sure why :p.

Long shot, but does anyone remember a kids' show on ITV about this alien spacecraft/pod that these two kids found? They would fly around in invisible mode doing all kinds of stuff - I seem to remember it could only be invisible for so long so it was always a race against time.

I tried to find out the name of it a couple of years back but failed :(.

Awesome show :cool:.

Also on my 90's cool list:

Music and TV just doesn't seem as memorable any more... :(

Last edited:
Being born in 79 I'm a child of the 80s really, I guess, but that means I went from 11-21 during the 90s, and god damn it was all pretty awesome.

Young enough at the start for Micro Machines, the true number - 081 811 8181 presented in rap stylee before all the 1s got added to phone numbers, and this (best childrens TV show evaaaar)...

And yup - that's every episode on youtube :)

Still young enough in the middle to be scared to hell (and probably permanently mentally disturbed) by Doom, then I was old enough towards the middle-to-end for everything from Progidy to Portishead, started my drinking career and went off to uni. Great decade. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programmes_broadcast_by_CITV

Well its bound to be in there if it was broadcast on that channel, not that you don't know how to use Wikipedia but it'll spring to mind if you see it :)

Seen so many shows on that list as well. Biker Mice From Mars, Budgie The Little Helicopter, Conan The Barbarian. Another couple of great kids show I remember is The Demon Headmaster, The Animals Of Farthing Wood.

Maybe it's because I'm older now but I think kids TV is a lot lot worse then the stuff I grew up watching, our **** was awesome :D

Didn't think of that, Wikipedia does everything :D.

Using Googlefu and a search of "kids tv show invisible spacecraft" I managed to find it, Aquila! - could have sworn it was on ITV.

Kids TV looks pretty awful nowadays, but I imagine it would have been just as awful back then to people of our ages now, when we look back at those shows they look great still because of all the memories I guess.

Cheers p4radox, typical that I also found it around the same time as you :D.

Gotta love the 80's/90's personal stereo at the beginning of this. I actually remember people walking around with these on their shoulders. Quality 90's tune too.

Cheers p4radox, typical that I also found it around the same time as you :D.

Surprised it didn't pop into your head seeing as your gmail account is very similar to the title of the show :D

Thanks for posting the Demon Headmaster as well p4radox, going to go find the episode where she is cloned or something and her cloned self/twin is a half lizard from what I can remember, scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Surprised it didn't pop into your head seeing as your gmail account is very similar to the title of the show :D

Thanks for posting the Demon Headmaster as well p4radox, going to go find the episode where she is cloned or something and her cloned self/twin is a half lizard from what I can remember, scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Even looking at the title now, I'd have never guessed it in a million years :D.

That is a bit odd, though my email is a shortening of my name so I'd have not spotted that either heh.

Back
Top Bottom