93 pub smoking days left in the U.K.

Man of Honour
MehulLakhani said:
Just a thought - does this ban cover shisha/hookah places, for example the ones along edgeware road in central london ?

R

Mehul

I believe it would have to, I've never been in one but they are places that have workers inside? If so they will be covered as I understand the legislation since the primary reason is given as being to protect the workers and any benefits for the rest of us are ancilliary. :)

Associate
It would be interesting, because I am sure that a large percentage of their business comes from shisha, and basically, people just going there to smoke shisha.

Obviously, they will still be able to serve food etc etc, but I think it would affect them hugely.

R

Mehul

Permabanned
Azagoth said:
What does bother me though is that now all the pubs and clubs are going to smell of BO and farts.

I just popped in to make this point, but it seems you beat me to it :p

I was out at one of my old favourite clubs on Friday night, place just stank of crap all night... I too gave up smoking at new year, and as hard as I find it when people smoke around me I'd much preffer it than smelling someones Guinness-farts when I'm trying to talk to a girl...

Soldato
AJUK said:
Can't wait to enjoy my pint without getting fumigated with foul smelling carcinogenic smoke. Woohoo, for the ban. \O/ :D

Me too.... I will go to the pubs a lot more often when the smoking ban is in place.

Permabanned
In my experience (what with living in Scotland) I have made the following observation:

It sucks if you go out drinking with just one person who smokes. If you don't smoke you usually have to sit there keeping the seat/guarding the booze while the other person goes to toilet + smoke which can get realllllly boring if it's a long night.

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
GFX707 said:
In my experience (what with living in Scotland) I have made the following observation:

It sucks if you go out drinking with just one person who smokes. If you don't smoke you usually have to sit there keeping the seat/guarding the booze while the other person goes to toilet + smoke which can get realllllly boring if it's a long night.

Nothing stopping non-smokers going outside too, smoking isn't mandatory yet. :p

Associate
HEADRAT said:
To be honest there is very little dog poo on the streets anymore, certainly where I live anyway.

OT but little dog poo is worse than lots to be honest. I get lured into a false sense of security and stop looking at ground wherever I go so the chances of me hitting that strategically placed poop are increased.

Also I've noticed that clean streets mean that any grassy area is almost certainly going to be a mine field of dog poo. I can see a patch of grass over the road from my living room window and often see dog walkers encouraging their pets to leave their mess there. Nasty part is that since the nice weather I've also seen kids playing on that patch of grass :o

Different thread though, apologies.

Capodecina
Soldato
Tru said:
You could smoke in shifts.

Or use a smoking helmet like this. Then you can still smoke in pubs!

BoyMeetsGirl.jpg

Soldato
this could help allot of people quit

i know most my mates who have been trying to quit end up smoking after having a drink while in a club

Associate
matthew_o50 said:
The smoking ban kicked of here in NI today. It's going to be brilliant! Pitty people are still allowed to smoke on the street, that's just as annoying, especially at bus stops. :mad:

If I recall correctly, someone was telling me that if the bus shelter is an enclosed space (or even just has 1 side - not sure if this includes the back) then you can't smoke as bus stops.

Back
Top Bottom