1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

980 Reference EOL Already ?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Dicehunter, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

Would you guys buy this though, shall be around £400 to customer?

Galax have to announced today no more NV cooler and instead they will do their own just like the MSI. :(

2. Jakus

Mobster

I would think many would not based on the fact for general gaming the card offers little over the 780 and clearly Nvidia has found massive efficiency boosts so there will be some interesting stuff down the line with the die shrinks.

3. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Nope. looks ugly. like Nvidia's titan cooler best

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  4. Foxxeh

Associate

Does that mean you won't be able to fulfill all the EVGA SC Reference card orders? I notice the ETA date was put back from the 17th to the 31st already.

5. Wucked

Wise Guy

That's depressing, I like the reference coolers. You can tell the 3rd party coolers cost less to make, they look cheap and tacky. If I'm paying out £400+ for premium PC hardware, I want it to look premium. And I don't like the idea of all the heat being dumped inside my case either.

6. Gibbo

Commissario

We are pushing EVGA, but it is looking grim right now. :(

We've spoke with every board partner, they have all now EOL'd reference cooler.

Only one board partner was willing to continue them if we ordered 3000 units, which is something we cannot do.

So unless I can sort something the reference card is now EOL and will probably be no longer available anywhere come November. :(

7. Simon Belmont

Mobster

So 900 series reference is eol, but 1000 series reference is soon :)

8. Disco_P

Soldato

Yes, great for watercoolers and MSI are good with warranty and returns.

9. Dicehunter

Capodecina

I don't think they would release the 1000 series so quickly after the 900 series launched, Wouldn't make sense, However the new reference cooler design being for the new Titan now that I can see.

Oh and by the way an EVGA staff member is denying the EOL statement on their forums when asked about so is it EOL or just EOL for europe :confused:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  10. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Or EOL for ocuk

11. Dicehunter

Capodecina

Gibbo said he spoke to every board partner and they have now all EOL'd the reference cooler, I doubt they would all EOL just for OCUK and still sell it everywhere else.

12. Gibbo

Commissario

It is EOL everywhere, all that is left is stock left in the channel and on etailors shelfs.

We still have plenty, hence were keeping the price fair for now, but once our stocks are depleted they will be £500+ just like the EVGA 980 ref SC is now priced at.

I warned you all first!

We are working on a deal, but so far the minimum quantity is 3000 units, were not willing to buy that many!

13. Gibbo

Commissario

EVGA might keep the 980 SC ref, but today they put my cost up vastly for the priviledge as they want to push ACX 2.0, I said I don't care about the price increase if you can keep supplying me stock, but now our price is £529 on that card. :eek:

14. Dicehunter

Capodecina

£529 ? Holy hell, Well I guess it might retain a good re-sale value for some then :)

15. Simon Belmont

Mobster

I hope to see that new titan cooler,but I'm pretty sure nvidia said the new titan won't be called Titan

16. EVGAdominik

EVGA Rep

Hi, we will also produce exhausting cards again but most likely with our own cooler so exhausting cards will still exist

17. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Yeah but most people like the Nvidia Titan cooler more, then the older style blower.

18. EVGAdominik

EVGA Rep

A good resell value and we do run a promotion this days where you get 5 years of warranty for cards purchased at etail, this promotion is running till the end of the year

19. EVGAdominik

EVGA Rep

More people might like it but not everybody will purchase it, specially because of the price... As this cooler is more expensive then evry other cooling solution more people go for the cheaper versions

20. modez

Gangster

Reduce the price for GTX 980 very simple. :)