** 980ti Out Now **

I am using 2x GTX 970 Hall of Fame in SLI OCed @ 1500Mhz both gpus. Should I update to 2x GTX 980 Ti considering I only play TW3, BF4, SC2, LOL and maybe BF5 next year @ 1440p?

is your setup struggling in your opinion on anything you play?
No? Then don't upgrade.
Yes? Then upgrade.

I guess not at the moment but I probably need a 144hz soon as my eyes got tired with 60hz easily after 1hrs gaming. I was worried about if my current setup could handle those games at maximum setting and produce a decent frame rate (above 80fps, ideally above 100fps) to keep up with the new monitor. :)

I've noticed the 980 prices slowly dropping. Earlier today at about 1PM I noticed the cheapest was in the low £400s. Now there are a few at £390. The price tops out at £600 for the EVGA Kingpin and the Asus Gold Edition which I remember being at least £600 last night. Lol, who would buy that instead of a 980ti? Mind this is just OCUK prices. I haven't actually checked other sites. Now to see how AMD's new cards affect these prices. It's looking more likely I'll buy a 980 instead of a 970 right now. That Gigabyte G1 980 is calling my name... luring me like a silicon siren...

I am using 2x GTX 970 Hall of Fame in SLI OCed @ 1500Mhz both gpus. Should I update to 2x GTX 980 Ti considering I only play TW3, BF4, SC2, LOL and maybe BF5 next year @ 1440p?

2x 980ti will set you back 4-digits. If you just said a single 980ti then I'd say wait till AMD's new cards and then buy one. But considering the games... I'd say you're good until Pascal. Those games run well on what you have.

Damn, couple of months away from having funds for 980, now this.... going to have to start working the streets or selling body parts, or both...

very tempted, my 670 is crying out to be upgraded whenever i run mordor and have to turn textures down to medium, but at this point i must resist to see what the 390x brings

when did £550 become OK for a Card? Seriously people....

For that money i could get a New Inlet for my car to get 15BHP on my 172!

Hmm, was going to get GTX980 and an Asus Swift 27" ROG monitor. I think this gives a very compelling argument to go for the cheaper Asus 4k display with the GTX 980ti.

Any thoughts on either option? They are pretty much the same price. The 4k display is only 60Hz and doesn't have G-sync (would it need it with the GTX980ti?)

IMO I wouldn't want 4k on a single GPU without g-sync because your going to dip under 60 frames regularly and with g-sync its not going to be anywhere near as noticeable as it would be without.

Twst, do you know which of the non reference WC cards have better components on them?

I know the classified and kingpin will, hydrocopper apparently won't.
What about the Zotac Arctic Storm?
I am assuming the OCUK tech labs ones will only be reference PCB's, at least for a while until blocks are released for custom PCB's?

Can't decide which to order, the Zotac is sounding good since it can be run on just air, so therefore resale is easier down the line, but need to see some remp/noise figures once it actually comes out.

Twst, do you know which of the non reference WC cards have better components on them?

I know the classified and kingpin will, hydrocopper apparently won't.
What about the Zotac Arctic Storm?
I am assuming the OCUK tech labs ones will only be reference PCB's, at least for a while until blocks are released for custom PCB's?

Can't decide which to order, the Zotac is sounding good since it can be run on just air, so therefore resale is easier down the line, but need to see some remp/noise figures once it actually comes out.

tech labs will be ref pcb unless otherwise stated.

Back
Top Bottom